General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Burning oil? Still has power

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning oil? Still has power

Last night, my car started to burn oil. I checked it today and the only cylinder with oil on the plug was number 2. I switched plugs around, same result. It seems to smoke more after it running for a few minutes under load. The smoke isn't horrible, but it becomes steady. The engine still has plenty of power. I had a head gasket go out a couple weeks ago and I haven't change the oil since the repair and I am sure their is antifreeze in the oil. I plan on a oil change this weekend along with a seafoam treatment.

I will also check the compression. If it still smokes after the oil change, seafoam and the compression check is good, should I throw some of that engine treatment in it for oil burning engines?

Here is a pic. I find it stange to find oil under a valve cover that dosen't leak.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn... do an oil change immediately. The first cause I'd examine is possibly not having torqued one of the headbolts properly. Smell the oil, see if you can smell any gasoline (after it's changed, and shortly after running it). How many miles on the motor?