General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

t-top leak someone help .....Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default t-top leak someone help .....Help!!!!!

ok i come out from the plant today after i got off work to find that we had a monsoon of rain come thru and my pass side t-top in the back has a drip?? so when i get home i take the pass t-top out and look at it i also take out the plastic cover that goes over the rear latch to the t-top so i can see where its coming from anyways as best as i can tell after standing over it and it steadly running thru to the inside its coming from the pice of weatherstripping on the pass side like if you look at he channel on the back side of the t-top (closest to teh rear)and follow it down to the screw and weatherstripping its leaking form right there??? i went to the drivers side and it looks like some kind of putty is on that side where theres non on the pass side so after i poured a glass of water down the channel and it steadly ran thru into my car i took a glop of dielectric grease and put it in the spot and it quit leaking? ??? anybody know what im talking about please help i need to get this fixed the right way instead of half way, anybody have this problem ??? i can show a pic of the piece in the channel im talking about where the water is coming in at if needed....HELP!!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can put a type of grease up to help the problem if it gets worse though youll have to change the weather stripping
Old 07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by staringback05
you can put a type of grease up to help the problem if it gets worse though youll have to change the weather stripping
hey you know what im talking about though? ever heard of this before inthat area???
Old 07-19-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U can put some wd-40 on a rag and rub it on you weather stripping.
When it rains the t top's will drip a little it's Normal. i think you can buy some putty from auto parts store to fill in the gaps if it leak alot.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i bought a roll of the windshield repair putty lol a 15-ft roll thats all they had!! im hoping it fixes it..........would buying another pass side weatherstripping fix this???? its the whole piece right from the t-tops and around the inner part of the door..?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my window adjusted to fit tighter along the molding and it stopped.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001somws.6
I had my window adjusted to fit tighter along the molding and it stopped.
This is up under the t-top ill post a pick of where it's coming from here in alil while ...
Old 07-20-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok hers a pic of the piece im talking about where its coming in from see the yellow arrow!

Last edited by CULATR; 07-20-2007 at 09:29 PM.