General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

oil pressure goes low under acceleration HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default oil pressure goes low under acceleration HELP!

why am I loosing oil pressure? HELP PLEASE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the track today and I noticed by my last run and on the drive home when I started pressing the throttle and the motor started loosing vacume approching boost the oil pressure would drop. as soon as I let off the throttle the oil pressure would come back up. its still lower than normal though. it will be around 40psi with no throttle and 20 hg of vacume, when the vacume drops to 10 or lower the oil pressure drops to about 20 when approching boost. normally im around 40-45 @ 20hg and pressure increases with rpm. I was playing around a bit today with my breathers today, am I pulling oil out of the crankcase? or did I hurt something, the car doesent seem to be running as smooth either. almost wants to stall at idle. Im going to pull plugs later. also the oil is a little bit old. probably 4000mi, and Im running meth injection.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would definitely check out the oil pump and pickup tube oring.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem. Check your oil level. Mine went from 60 to 45 when the rpms were above 4k .I was 2qts low. Yup! Beating the ***** off the car with low oil. +1 For me.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend has a truck and the oil pressure drops when he stomps it down...blows out a little smoke to.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

sounds like you might oil pump might be going bad but you also say you found some oil on your breathers sounds like you have a lot of pressure on your crankcase and its blowing oil up to your breathers, but that would mean some of your rings aren't sealing right.You say you vacuum its a little lower then usual you might have a vacuum problem also and that might be causing your car to idle rough and die.What i would so it do a compression test and see what you get and let us know.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

that is deff. not a good thing, one good way to blow ur motor. add oil. or put a ported ls6 oil pump in the car. and replace/check the o ring.

Quick Reply: oil pressure goes low under acceleration HELP!