General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help with seat cushion..my back is killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help with seat cushion..my back is killing me!

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and what was done about it.

My drivers seat has been a little uncomfortable when I first got the car but now it kills me after driving for awhile.
The foam on the back right side of it ripped and now the metal is jabbing me in my side, I have tried sitting straight up and down but eventually I still start leaning to that side and it kills me.

Is there any fix for this? Does anyone have a ripped up seat that they can pull the foam out of and sell it to me? I see the whole back foam is really easy to switch out if I had a replacement.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At almost 137K my seat is the same way. You sit straight but eventually you just want to lean on that side of the seat lol... it drives me nuts! If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it also.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now looking at it what the hell was GM thinking when they made these back cushions? I mean there is no support behind it other than the foam and once that begins to rip it ends up looking like this lol

I wonder why they didnt use something between the foam and frame so it would not keep rubbing and eventually start ripping the foam up...

I am going to go to an upholestry shop tomorrow to see if I can purchase some foam or see how much they want to fix it.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a drivers side lower foam for the seat at gmpartsdirect.com
They probably have the upper part as well.
Pretty east to diy.