General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oil Leak... Oil in Bellows/Lid/valley cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Leak... Oil in Bellows/Lid/valley cover

First Track Day- 12 passes.. no problems

then the next week..It all started as a slight oil smell/ lots of smoke haze in the cabin.... looked under the car, pan and side of block covered in oil... made sure the oil filter was tight, cleaned it up, still did it.

Reached behind intake, felt oil, assumed intake manifold gasket. Started pulling the intake apart... started with the lid/bellows/maf.... the lid had oil splashed in it(engine oil... use a paper filter..not k&n oil or anything)... valley cover was soaked.... cleaned/replaced and torqued properly....

cranked... noticed some smoke from between the intake and valley(noticiably oil-I use amsoil.. it smells funny).... try and let it burn off... still smokes...

shut the motor off and it makes a burbling noise.

need your thoughts...

I am guessing it has something to do with the PCV system.... If the valve was stuck closed.. would it build up pressure and force oil out the valley cover? this would explain the oil leak, but not the oil all the way to the bellows...

any help??
Old 10-08-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also.... how tight is the map supposed to be? it is kind of loose and wobly. I suppose it could have been sucking oil around it?

I went back and looked at logs and my map reads relativly high at idle.... 58-70kpa... I might should change it?

oh yah.... its an 02 ws6... heads/cam/fast90
Old 10-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only thing i would guess is the breather tube tht goes to the tb!! that coneects to the valve cover and if maybe ur pcv system is stuck shut it might be forcing its way through there, check it out and use tb cleaner to clean alll inside the intake of oil to c if the problem occurs again goodluck