General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Vibrating hood? headlamp removal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Vibrating hood & headlamp removal

My hood seems to be moving around a bit while driving on the interstate. It seems to vibrate, and the edges near the quarter panels look like they're moving up and down.

While I never noticed it in the past, I first noticed it after removing the factory grille (and not replacing it). I also have had the extra radiator baffling removed for a few years. I still have these items, but I'm under the impression putting the baffles back on is a PITA. The air would appear to hit the front bumper support and then have nowhere to go but up and into the engine bay.

When I was trying to remove my passenger side headlamp assembly, I noticed that the air hits the front bumper support and then goes straight up. That doesn't seem very aerodynamic.

Anyway, would should I try and/or how do I get my aerodynamics back? Anyway to vent high-pressure air in the engine bay w/o an aftermarket hood?

While I'm at it, the bolt which holds the passenger headlamp bracket to the front frame seems to be seized. Whatever it screws into rotates within the bracket and it won't come loose. Tried preventing that piece from moving without luck. Doused it with PB-blaster and no change. Now I have one polished lamp and one nasty lamp. At least they were consistent before