General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LS1 not starting.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 not starting.

This is weird. A week ago I went to start my car, and it made a clicking sound, and the radio reset the time, then I waited a few seconds, and it fired right up. Then all of a sudden today, I go to get into the car, and I go to start it, click, like last time, so I checked the battery, it has enough juice in it. The radio will come on and work perfect, but nothing else will, lights and stuff will not come on. Car will not even turn over, so I popped the hood and turned the ignition on, and could hear a rapid ticking sound from the fuel pump relay fuse. I pulled it out, it looks good, I put it back in and it kept making that sound. I don't know what it is. If the fuel relay fuse was out, could that set the whole electrical system out of whack? My gauges bounce around sometimes also when I try to start it, seems weird. The car is acting like it has a dead battery, but not at the same time. It's weird, anyone know?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Launching!

have you checked the starter?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check the starter solenoid. Kind of sounds like the starter solenoid needs replaced.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Would that cause the other issues though? With everything going crazy?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The starter solenoid on my car, as far as I could remember since mine went about 3 years ago was that it took a bit for the car to turn over on start up a few weeks before but only on rare occasion then it had issues more maybe twice within a few days before it totally went. Also are you getting any noises when you try to start it now? When you turn your key to start the car does it not make any noises at all from the starter solenoid? Or does it make one or two clicks and that's it? I could be totally wrong on it being the solenoid but it's worth a look into it.