General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

another a/c fan issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default another a/c fan issue

So the passenger fan has been squeeking for months now and I finally got off my dead *** to fix it. I cleaned the leaves but, it's still making a light squeek. I was going to try to shoot it with some wd-40 but, I can't get the damn squirrel cage off. I did call Autozone about a new one but, they said you only get the motor and have to put the original squirrel cage on it. Any ideas how to remove without breaking it. Bugger seems on there really tight. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a powerfull hose and give it a good blast around the middle section of the fan,
then blow the fan dry, run it for a few minutes and see if its better.

If its still noisy,repeat the procedure,hopefully by then it will be sorted.
For good measure, use wd 40 with the nozzel,and blast around the bearing location or close as you can muster, so the lubricant can eventually run into the bearing.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oz304
Get a powerfull hose and give it a good blast around the middle section of the fan,
then blow the fan dry, run it for a few minutes and see if its better.

If its still noisy,repeat the procedure,hopefully by then it will be sorted.
For good measure, use wd 40 with the nozzel,and blast around the bearing location or close as you can muster, so the lubricant can eventually run into the bearing.
That's what I'm trying to do but, the cage is in the way. How do you get it off?