General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight Motor and Dead Battery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Motor and Dead Battery?

I'm sitting @ work right now waiting on a ride b/c I am apparently getting no battery power. Battery was good this morning on way to work. Now, no start, no radio or anything that requires battery.

My headlight motor has been acting up for a while, going up and down and grinding when door is locked, etc... The other day it went up and down when I started the car (this is new).

Could the two be related? I don't know why a perfectly good battery w/ good connections would go bad all of a sudden when the lights weren't left on.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that happens allot, its why ive always hated pop up motors.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

It's probably related and will end up being any stupid little thing like a wire making false contact or somethin like that! Take it to autozone where they can hook it up for a free computer diagnostic. If not, might have to take it to an electrical shop to get to the bottom of it.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Teching In

Sounds like you're going to need a headlight motor/gear. When you lock the doors, the lights come up and down? And when you raise the lights the motor makes a grinding sound for a few seconds right? If that's the case then look here for options:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-firebird-1967-2002/177470-firebird-headlights-all-comments-questions-regarding-headlights-go-here.html