General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LT1 Laundry List

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Laundry List

I'm really beginning to hate my car. I'm frustrated. It's a '96 Z28 A4. I have two bad wheel sensors which are tripping the ABS and ASR lights. The SES light comes on every couple thousand miles, then goes off again. My FM stations don't work on the stock Bose radio. Well tonight, the driver side power window motor would not roll up. So digging a little further into the problem, I can get the window to roll up if I slam the door shut. I took off the door panel and tested everything, couldn't find one reason why it should not be working. So I figured I'd let my mechanic look into it because I'm too busy to fix this stuff myself. Now the door panel is back on the car and the lock switch is hard to push back and unlock. Even if I use the key to unlock the doors it take some force to open/lock the door. By the way did I mention the alarm is screwed up. If I lock the car using the switch and exit the vehicle, the alarm will go off a few seconds after the door is shut.

I need help, I'm running out of money and patience.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas they are much appreciated! I just can't seem to figure out what is wrong with the windows or alarm. Thanks, Joe
Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Take the car back to your mechanic. If the extra effort was not required prior to him taknig the door apart, that seems like a good place to start. Same goes for the alarm issue. A good shop will recognize its error and fix the mistake. If your guy won't do this, tell him he's lost your business.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

drive it off a cliff.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Better yet, I could drive it to Canada.