General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Replacing Windshield Wiper (Entire Unit)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replacing Windshield Wiper (Entire Unit)

Hey guys, I actually have two questions. How difficult is it to replace the entire Windshield Wiper Unit? I am not talking about the refill or blade, but the entire unit.

Also, how difficult is it to remove and replace the plastic piece below the wipers and between the opening of the hood and at the bottom of the window? What is the actual name of this piece?

Last edited by dd11856; 12-28-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Not sure what you mean by the entire unit...

If you mean the motor, well that is a pain in the *** to remove and even worse getting it back in, but it is possible. What is wrong with it anyway?
Old 12-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Teching In

This is the deal:

The other day I had been cleaning around the wipers. I then went to the raise the hood to clean around the engine. I accidentally left the passengers side wipe standing up. So, when I raised the hood, it made contact with the wiper until I noticed it.

After looking, I realized the arm wasn't in the correct position. I think raising the hood against the wiper arm warped the slim piece in the middle, placing the blade in thw wrong position. It is now sitting up on the plastic piece under the windshield instead up against the stoppers.

It also popped the plastic out in the little "bowl" down around the bottom of the wiper arm. Hence, why I was curious how difficult it is to remove this piece from under the windshield and replace it with another. I don't even know the name of the party however.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Teching In

OK, I just realized that the plastic piece I have been referring to under the windshield is a piece if cowl trim. It seems to be held in by some plastic pins. How hard is it to remove?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

As far as I can remember you take out those pins and then remove the wiper arms and it should come right off.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Thanks!