General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

hissing noise under floorboard

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hissing noise under floorboard

ok so under my passenger side floorboard wher all the fuses are something is hissing realy loud but here is the deal i just had a new motor and trany put in the car 2000 miles ago. the other day while it was sitting ther just idling my car died in became unresponsive to the gas petal and died. now when i try to do anything with my car i can have a full charge on my battery and it will drain instantly upon turning the key and its due to this hissing noise whatever it is is causing my car to not to anything i dont even have to try to start it i just have to turn the key to on and it does it. im really tired of putting thousands into this car so if anybody can help me please let me know.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

strange - sounds like an electrically operated accessory of some kind is broken. Hard to say without hearing it myself. You need to get it up on a lift and hit the key while someone else watches and listens below. Also, try posting this in the General Maintenance and repairs section - it will probably get more exposure there.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

i posted in several threads actually but thanks for ur help man i appreciate any advice i can get
Old 01-15-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah - no prob. Are you blowing any fuses? I would start pulling fuses one at a time until you isolate the circuit. Sounds like a wild electrical short of some kind is zapping the battery. Usually problems this severe are liked to major electrical connection problems. Did you do any work on the car just before this happened?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

no man the only work done was when the motor shop changed my motor but that was2000 miles ago i just ran a diagnostic on my car cus i borrowed the reader from my bro in law and this is what i got: code p1516 p1518 p1517 are all thrown they all have to do with the tac which is the throttle actuator control so now i am reading diagnostic stuff and diagrams of what could be wrong still any help is awesome cus i am no mechanic thanks

Quick Reply: hissing noise under floorboard