General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont start after tighten header bolts

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont start after tighten header bolts

So i went to tighten my header bolts today, did the norm, took of the coil packs, tightened them, put everything back together. I started the car and it idled at like exactly 2000 rpm, so i figured i forgot to plug something back in or w/e. checked everything and it looked fine. Went to start it again and now it doesn't fire. It turns over fine. I started the car earlier today to drive it back to my house. Tried to jump start it, everything. I noticed that i broke a little tiny piece of plastic on part of the AIR system. No idea if that would cause these problems. Also right off the TB there is a hose that i have no idea what it does. (In the 2nd picture you will see what i'm talking about) but anyway it slides off pretty easily.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:11 PM
11 Second Club

that would be your PCV setup,....as far as your problems go i would triple check your plug wires being connected to the plugs....they'll snap twice on one end and once on the other if im not mistaken. Also all the coilpacks were put in the exact same place they were before? if they are in reverse order that will cause your problem.

If all else fails,...loosen up those header bolts and see if it'll start again. (kidding)
Old 01-20-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98REDZ
that would be your PCV setup,....as far as your problems go i would triple check your plug wires being connected to the plugs....they'll snap twice on one end and once on the other if im not mistaken. Also all the coilpacks were put in the exact same place they were before? if they are in reverse order that will cause your problem.

If all else fails,...loosen up those header bolts and see if it'll start again. (kidding)
what he said
Old 01-20-2008, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

found the problem, something was messed up w/ the coil pack... it was plugged in correctly tho. i just took it off, tried to start it, it started, plugged it back in, wouldn't start, took it off it started again, then plugged it in while it was running and now it works. lol idk
Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

Gremlins dude...GREMLINS.