General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power Steer Pump Question..

Old 02-23-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steer Pump Question..

I was just wondering if anyone knew of the size of the nut that goes from the top of the pump to the rack?

Mine is losing fluid like crazy and I just got someone to turn the wheel in the car while I was watching and that's my weak spot..

I'm away from home and trying to save money on buying tools for now because I'm a broke college kid so if anyone could get back to me then it'd be greatly appreciated so I can go buy the right size or a set with the right size and get things buttoned up..

One more question, is there an O-ring there that I may need to replace? I got a diagram of a power steering pump however I'm not too sure because it doesn't show this part..

Thanks in advance.
Addison
Old 02-24-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone?

if someone has a set of wrenches handy and could check real quick for me then it'd be much appreciated.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can rent the tools from autozone for free! sorry not sure bout the size tho!
Old 02-25-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ae13291
you can rent the tools from autozone for free! sorry not sure bout the size tho!
Yea I tried to at an autozone near me and the guy said that he didnt have the size that I asked for and then said that he couldn't lend out tools because people were stealing them...

He also seemed like a fucktard but who knows... I bought an adjustable wrench, just can't get it where I need it... I'm taking the belt and pulley off today I guess and if worse comes to worse I'll just unbolt the pump and have it all in my lab to work with..
Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Just Buy The Tools From A Autostore Use Them And Return Them...

Search this Thread