General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Misfire after Shifting

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Misfire after Shifting

Hello. Please follow me here for opinions. I am going to lay out all troubleshooting steps and the issue.

Car: 2000 Trans Am M6 51,000 Miles. Lid, Cutout, Underdrive pulley, XS Headers, Offroad Ypipe (Installed after issue was already there)

Issue: Car has multiple misfires constantly. Not enough to ever throw a code. Shifting from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th it hesitates and falls on its face for about 2 seconds and then recovers with full power. I dont know if it would do it 4th to 5th as I havent speed shifted that fast. If I redline it at a stop and let off the gas, It will do the same thing. It boggs all the way back down to idle as if I have a cam for a few seconds and then will recover.

I scanned the car. Multiple Misfires constantly. 5 here, 10 there, 8 on another cylinder. When I rev the car up to redline and let off. 1 cylinder seems to give about 50 misfires. Next time I do it, its a differeny cylinder that does it. What gives?

Troubleshooting: New Plugs, New MSD Wires, New plugs again, Headers, No Cats, New Bosch O2's( I know they suck). Unplugged the MAF, took out EGR and Air pump with header install,

Does anyone have any ideas.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have a fbody buddy see if you can test out his maf sensor i had a similar problem and thats what coused it for me