General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

is my motor mount gone??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is my motor mount gone??

i thought it was shot before, but my dad took a look at it and said it seemed fine (we did the visual test where you pop the hood and rev the motor by hand to see if rocks to one side... however i thought it was rolling over to the passenger side pretty hard). but lately i have reason to believe it may really be a mount. when i rev the motor the whole body of the car rocks pretty damn hard toward the passenger side. like, you can feel it lift up on the driver's side and settle back down. then i started thinking about the vibration i keep posting about. when i'm rolling around 45mph and i punch it, (it may just be the roads i'm on) i'm pretty sure the car moves a little when it kicks down, kinda like torque steer. and finally, my car shifts pretty hard with the programmed computer, but sometimes inbetween shifts while driving normally it feels like the front end drops a lil. like something is going on under the hood. i know it's kinda vague, but is there a possibility i've lost a mount? i'll try to get a video posted. thanks.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

if youve lost a mount, your bell housing would smash into your body and things would get ugly friggin quick. make sure everythings torqued down correctly and also check the tranny mount, if thats not secured then it will twist a little and try to slide...just a thought
Old 02-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Launching!

tranny mount checked out. mis-fire maybe?..
Old 02-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Launching!

the vibration also occurs in the upper rpm range. it's like it's pulsing.