General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power Window not going all the way up.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window not going all the way up.

I've had a problem with my drivers side power window not going all the way up for over a year now on my '98 Trans Am. Usually when I roll it all the way down, it will slowly go back up and stop about 75% up. After waiting a couple minutes, I'll try again and it eases up a little bit and repeating the process until it finally goes all the way up. Does anyone know what the problem could be? And/or how to fix it?

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Default You think you are the only one?

Crappy motors. Check ebay. They are super cheap. Not a big install. Mine does the same thing. I am just waiting on the part. Dealership could not "replicate" the problem while it was under warranty. The whole thing is hit or miss. five minutes later it works fine.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Chief Z
Crappy motors. Check ebay. They are super cheap. Not a big install. Mine does the same thing. I am just waiting on the part. Dealership could not "replicate" the problem while it was under warranty. The whole thing is hit or miss. five minutes later it works fine.
Thanks. I see that the power window motors are pretty cheap on ebay, so it's worth giving that a try.