General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Passenger Side Mirror Doesnt move up

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Side Mirror Doesnt move up

Drivers mirror moves in all four directions but passenger only moves in, out, and down. ????????
Old 04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Try slapping your mirror/slamming your door a few times. Good luck if that doesn't work. Start checking the connections then, the switch itself.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Could be an electrical problem, so don't rule it out on my account, but the mirrors snap into place. which means they can snap out. I've dislocated my driver mirror while washing it before, and I could see it vibrating a bit and the adjustment didn't work well. If it's loose, pull it off and look at how it snaps in. Then snap it in. I'm talking about just the flat mirror part that adjusts, not the whole painted housing.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The mechanism may be disengaged. Try pressing down on the mirror while operating the button and see if it catches again.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

It actually takes a good amount of pressure to snap the adjuster arm into the mirror backing plate so just be carefull not to brake the mirror make sure you have the pressure directly on top of the point where the two snap together. Always look at the mechanism first to make sure the plastic adjusting arm itself is not broken which sometimes happens for no reason.