General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds
Old 04-29-2016, 05:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

dash vents not blowing air??

Old 09-05-2016, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 165 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Restaino
So i been reading everybody's posts and in order for me to resolve my issue i have to pull off the intake or is there another way please advise all information is helpful thank you
I was able to get mine back on without pulling the intake manifold. I had to force my forearm past the cowl, so I got a little cut up, but not as bad as getting to the back bolts on the intake manifold.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photos of the vacuum tubes in the engine

Here are some photos from my car. I traced the tubes until I found a broken one and then bridged the gap between the broken bits. The top AC vents started working right afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails dash vents not blowing air??-1.jpg   dash vents not blowing air??-2.jpg   dash vents not blowing air??-3.jpg   dash vents not blowing air??-4.jpg   dash vents not blowing air??-5.jpg  

dash vents not blowing air??-6.jpg   dash vents not blowing air??-7.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
T2x (05-03-2020)
Old 04-21-2018, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have a problem kind of the same

i have a 2016 camaro rs and I am have a problem where my air conditioner actuator had to be replaced as it was blowing hot air out the driverside only. After having it replaced the amount of air flow from the vents was like half it was before. I am have it set to blow out the front four vents and it blows from the defrost vent and if I push all the bottons or go over a bump it sometimes with fix itself and go to the correct vents. This does not happen all the time but most of it. I took to dealer and they can’t get it do it while they have it. Please anyone that has any advice I just want to get me car fixed. I tried to upload a video of it doing it but can’t ipload it will keep trying to upload it. Thank you all for reading this.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG, I've been having this problem randomly pop up for a while now and had no idea what the part would be. I thought it was some kind of flap that would open and close. Now I know what to look for and will get this figured out today.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Fan will spin and I hear air blowing but nothing comes out of the dash vents. It'll make kind of a low whistle like it wants to "open" and it'll eventually (usually) make a plasticky pop sound and then air will flow from the dash vents. What a serendipitous occasion that this thread was bumped.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And fixed! It was the mode actuator. Cost me $20. Not only does it work every time now but the air direction changing is silent now instead of making a mechanical noise.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by coryforsenate
And fixed! It was the mode actuator. Cost me $20. Not only does it work every time now but the air direction changing is silent now instead of making a mechanical noise.
Mode actuator? And wheres it located? I've changed the check valve but no luck
Old 06-09-2019, 05:53 PM
formerly 04 Rooster (2013-12-10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coryforsenate
bump for an answer. I dont seem to have vacuum issues...
Old 08-19-2019, 06:08 PM
Teching In

i am having same issue no air out vents as well i think my idle is a little high at 1000 rpm's
Old 08-21-2019, 01:39 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 192 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by wgreen
i am having same issue no air out vents as well i think my idle is a little high at 1000 rpm's
It sounds every bit like you have a vacuum leak. Go through the posts and pics above and then start checking your vacuum lines.

I had the problem of air flowing out the footwell on applied throttle and out the upper vents on lift throttle on a V6 Firebird I'm refurbishing. Dorman 47150 check valve solved it for $5.00.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Hey
thanks for the input, actually i replaced that valve today but did not help, i did notice my valve was not passing much air but was not cracked. the new valve defiantly allows more air threw it, also i have good source vac at the valve

so took apart the control **** with all the vac lines going to the switch, no vac there so the hose, tube must be broke some where in between but tracing the tube from the check valve to the control switch has been difficult, i cannot tell where or what route it takes into the passenger area?
i am unclear if there is a vac ball somewhere as well? figure there is but where?

this car is a blast to drive but working on it is challenging,
but worth it i hope
thanks
Old 12-24-2019, 11:07 AM

Project car is 2000 Firebird 3.8L V6 base model. I need some help locating where the middle vacuum hose goes into the interior. My check valve looks just like the picture Dancrosoft posted above and the vacuum line hose connections look just like the pictures Hyrum Wright posted (thanks Hyrum, I didn't know where to look until you posted those pictures). My bottom hose leads to the intake as it should and the top hose leads to the vacuum canister as it should. The middle hose leads to the firewall, but a mouse chewed it off about 4 inches back from the check valve. I can't find any evidence of where the hose should lead to. I've pulled the ECM and searched all around, but I just don't see it. Is it supposed to run through one of the wiring harnesses or go directly into the firewall? If someone could provide a picture that would be awesome.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:42 PM

Found it. The climate control hose goes from the check valve straight back to the firewall. The entrance location is actually through a hole in the top of the HVAC unit.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Default Dash not blowing air

Originally Posted by zaner
To the right of your pcm is a black check valve canister that has 2 or 3 vacuum lines coming off of it. Id say the valve is no bigger than 1 1/2" x 3/4". Mine randonly started doing the same symptoms of yours and thats where I found the vacuum leak at.........
is it like a y type of line has a ground connected to it? Just put ls3 top end on mines and not sure if vaccum lines will match up to that intake help please.TIA
Old 06-12-2022, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

We’ll, this old thread helped me find my problem with the front vents not coming on. In switching the computer a couple weeks ago, didn’t see that I knocked off one of the lines to the check valve. Works great now. This site is the best!
Old 08-08-2023, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

I hate to necro a thread this old, but I'm having this same issue and I've replaced and checked most of the vacuum lines. The only thing I haven't done is traced out the one that goes through the firewall on the dashboard side. What I can't seem to figure out is where that line actually goes. It does seem connected on the inside of the dash somewhere, I just can't figure out where. Anyone know what this connects to and if I can reach it without pulling the entire dash out? In some of these cases I do know that the actuator door that switches modes between hot cold, etc. can be at fault but mine appears to be working. It will switch modes and positions, but only blows on the various floor vents. I also replaced the check valve.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dash vents not blowing air??