General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

quick question about seafoam....

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question about seafoam....

i want to do the full seafoam to my car but i just changed the oil a few days ago and i read that after u seafoam your car u need to changed the oil within a couple hundred miles... well i dont wanna have to do that again so soon, so i was wondering is it alright to just put a can of seafoam in the gas tank instead of doing the the full thing..... or should i just wait and do the full seafoam later on down the road?
i heard when u just use it in the gas tank it cleans the injectors good.... so should i just do that for now?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

I say just wait till you do your next oil change, that way you can get everything done at the same time. Not sure if anything bad will happen, i doubt it.
-Joel
Old 05-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Launching!

yeah i would rather do the whole thing but i just now did a mobil 1 oil change.... it would suck to waste it but i just ticked over 75,000 miles and its never had the seafoam done so i fig'd its about time....
also, after u do the treatment, how long should i drive around giving it hell?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Launching!

You can pour a can of seafoam into the gas tank now if you wanted.
I would wait on pouring it into the crankcase until you are almost ready to do an oil change again.
To answer any other questions about this and for directions on what to do check out this sticky>>>>

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/534376-how-seafoam-your-car.html