General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Where do the Vacuum hoses go that come from vac canister?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where do the Vacuum hoses go that come from vac canister?

I took off the splash panels under the car and found the vac canister (resivoir, but it has nothing attached to it? Can anyone tell me where the hoses come from to attach to it? I have several vac ports plugged (before I bought the car) and I don't have any idea where start.

Please help.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically there would of been a t that taps into the small vac line coming off the manifold and into the cabin for the HVAC.

It helps the HVAC out. You should also have a one way valve. This keeps your upper vents blowing when you turn off the engine, ect.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

So I should just pick a vacuum port off the intake manifold, run a hose to the vac canister, run a hose from the canister back up to the small vac line that goes to the hvac check valve? I'm sure the canister not being hooked up is the cause of my vents changing all the time.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it is the cause of the abnormal operation of your vents. There was NO reason to disconnect it even if the car wasn't pulling a vac. hehe

There are two ports on the can but one shouldn't be opened. If they are both open you could run the line like that. But it isn't supposed to go like that.

The line was supposed to run from the back nipple of the intake manifold on the pass side of the car up to around where the PCM harness attaches to the heater core box.

Right there it should have a one way valve and a T. The t then goes inside the car and to the can.

Hopefully the line to connect under your dash is still there but hidden.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Gotcha. I hope to attempt a fix on Thursday. Thanks so much for the info. I'll post my results.

Quick Reply: Where do the Vacuum hoses go that come from vac canister?