General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

PS pump failure? susspension problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS pump failure? susspension problems?

so driving down the highway the other night a big rig tire exploded in front of me and i was unable to swerve due to traffic. im now having problems with my front suspension or Power steering pump possibly. i get a shuddering feeling when i turn my wheel when the fluid gets hot. it noticed the fluid looked kind of like cappichino did a flush and went for a test drive. after i did my damnedest to flush it i came back and it looks almost the same as before.
when im driving about 65 it seems to pull a little to the right(the side that took the brunt of the tire i think) but when i do hard stops from top of 1st it holds fairly strait.
thoughts? tips? suggestions?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur power steering system is sucking in air some how, check all the power steering lines, could also be the power steering pump too! and u have to check the entire front suspension for any bends or damages
Old 07-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea ive check the front suspension the best i could on the ground, looked ok. my floor jack is busted till i can get a rebuild kit for it.
how would the PS system be sucking air? the lines are all under pressure so wouldn't it just spit out all the PS fluid at once?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend had the same problem on his car, it was some releif valve o ring inside the `ps pump that made a bunch of air bubbles always in the reservoir. so u might have to get a new ps pump