General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Left blinker stopped working tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jebuzws6
never heard of Vatozone but Autozone those part number will be somethin like 3754 or 3750 something along those lines
lol. Just a little joke. Thanks for the help, guys.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
This way is correct also--but u are doing it blindly then....
I know but im so used to it I can do it with my eyes close.. plus i think its faster..lol
Old 07-13-2008, 02:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

as said above....bulb
Old 07-13-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Ok, guys, it looks like there's a small crack at the top of the enclosure, and it was filled a good bit with water. The water corroded the bulb terminal, so of course it didn't work. I also learned the bulbs should have been orange. They were white, so I replaced both sides for fun. Any EASY way I can prevent the water from filling it up again? I was thinking I could probably put a piece of duct tape on top by reaching my hand through the flap, but I'm not sure how long term that would be. I'm also glad GM designed this car much better than my old '95 LT1. That flap is a freaking awesome thing to have. lol.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Pull the whole assembly out and put some silicone on it. Duct tape will just dry up and come off.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you might also take a look inside the bulb socket and check for any corrosion or water. this seems to be a common problem with these cars. if there is evidence of water intrusion, check the blinker housing for cracks or holes that would let water in. i've seen this a few times and twice with my car in particular. you can get the bulb at autozone no problem. if the blinker housing is damaged you can pick it up online at rockauto.com, or autopartswarehouse.com for $30-40.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the factory used some cheap plastic with those blinker haousings i think, after i replaced mine, i haven't had a problem since.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shackleford
How is it the front bulb? Isn't that a pain in the butt to reach?
Mine is doing the same thing because the socket is burned up and killed the bulb. I believe it is a 3357 bulb if I am not mistaken.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
you might also take a look inside the bulb socket and check for any corrosion or water. this seems to be a common problem with these cars. if there is evidence of water intrusion, check the blinker housing for cracks or holes that would let water in. i've seen this a few times and twice with my car in particular. you can get the bulb at autozone no problem. if the blinker housing is damaged you can pick it up online at rockauto.com, or autopartswarehouse.com for $30-40.
Refer to post #24. How do I get the assembly out? I didn't take note of that as I was trying to hurry to avoid getting bit by ants. lol.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You can do it from the flap on the bottom there are two I belive 8MM or smaller screws that hold the housing down from the top part of it. You'll be working blind this way though and have to feel it out. The way I did mine was take out the black plastic cover for the headlights and reach between the bumper and the headlights with a small wrench and get it that way. I have bigger hands and arms so it is possible I'll get a pic if i can.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
Well, the bulb went out again. Last time I replaced the bulb, I could see some corrosion and what not. Do you have a link to the blinker housing? It looks like I'll just have to get another one of those.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

I had sort of the same problem as you. I replaced the front left bulb & its been problem free for about 5 months. Those bullbs are a pita to remove. I went through the existing passage underneath the lamp housing. Try ebay. They are like $30.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if theres water in the socket you'll need to replace it and splice in a new one, not hard just make sure you know which wire goes where, and put alot of dielectric grease in the socket, that'll help keep moisture out.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Mine had the wrong flasher when I bought it. I bought the correct 232 Heavy Duty flasher at the local autoparts store. It works great now....