General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

WS6 hood alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003 | 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Default WS6 hood alignment question...

(Post #1)
WS6 Hood alignment question...
This is probably going to sound stupid but I have a question foir all 98-02 WS6 onwers out there. I unfortunately had to bring my WS6 into the dealer to get the passenger side headlight fixed (Wouldn't go down). Anyways, I don't know if it's just me imagining things, but it seems the passenger side of my hood does not set in flush with the body. There seems to be a bigger gap and it seems to jut outward moreso than the driver side does. Also, if I slide my fingers from the quarterpanel over to the hood, I get stopped at the crease because the hood is up more. Whereas on the driver side this isn't the case. Can any of you WS6 owners check it out and let me know if you can run your fingers across the hood without hitting th hood? Because I'm worried now and want this to get fixed if it is not flush. Thanks alot.

Kevin
Old 08-25-2003 | 04:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Default Re: WS6 hood alignment question...

You can adjust the height of the front of the hood a bit by screwing in/out those two rubber bumpers mounted up front. You can also loosen the mounts at the back a bit and play with the depth/gap some.

Tony
Old 08-25-2003 | 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Ok thanks Nine Ball. So I can adjust the height on just one side right? Such as lowering the passenger side only? And this is relatively easy?
Old 08-25-2003 | 08:31 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

pretty easy. Just loosen the mounting bolts a bit so that the hood (or hinge, depending on what bolts you loosen) slide a bit. Then you can play around with it and then just re-tighten the bolts