General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight isn't closing Fully

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Headlight isn't closing Fully

Hey guys. My T/A Headlight isn't closing all the way. When I close them, they close all the way, then my drivers headlight comes back up a little bit.
Watch this video, notice after they close it comes up a little bit.

Anybody else have this problem? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Open both lights manually so that you can look down in there and see the mechanical arm. Look on the pass side. Look down where the headlight motor and the arm is. Look for the little white plastic tabs and see if your drivers side is missing one(should be two). If one is missing the motor will continue to spin untill the mechanical arm hits something else, thus not stopping in the right posistion and causing the missalignment (and popping back up as the motor continues to turn) your seeing. Also make sure the 3 mounting bolts for the HL motor are tight and that the nut that conects the mechanical arm is tight.

Hope this helps, Josh.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

mine does it too. a few times one of them wont even open. it has a mind of its own
Old 08-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

My buddies 2001 did that as well, we pulled the actual switch (the module that you used to actually turn the lights on) itself out cleaned the back terminal and the connector with some electric cleaner put shop air to dry everything out and put it back in and the issue has so far been working fine ever since. If you actually have the cleaner, this should take you less than half an hour.