General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Where to find interior trim screws?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to find interior trim screws?

I was cleaning out the Bird today and noticed I'm missing a few trim screws. I suspect whoever had the car before me had a some sort of sound system in it, and did a half *** job putting the interior back to gether after taking it out.

Are these just standard screws, or do they have to be bought from the dealer? I was thinking of checking the "Help" rack at Autozone, they have all kind of things there, maybe I'll luck out and find the screws.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2008, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

help rack at autozone . or gmpartdirect.com. look on here for cars being parted out too
Old 08-16-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which ones are you missing?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

If you find a large Ace hardware store, they usually have a good assortment of the screws. (Not all Ace stores do - only the ones with large hardware sections.) There are some in Chicago that stock the washer head screws, captive cone washer screws, and captive washer screws. You may also find an assortment in the Help! section of your local auto parts store.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I checked the Help! rack at AZ today, no luck. They had some, but they weren't the right size.

I'm missing a ton of them actually, the one that holds in the bezel around the pass. side door handle, and ALL the screws that hold in the trim piece that goes across the door opeing from the kick panel back.

I don't know how I don't have a ton of rattles, it looks like there are hardly any screws holding the interior together. I don't know how I never noticed this before.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
I checked the Help! rack at AZ today, no luck. They had some, but they weren't the right size.

I'm missing a ton of them actually, the one that holds in the bezel around the pass. side door handle, and ALL the screws that hold in the trim piece that goes across the door opeing from the kick panel back.

I don't know how I don't have a ton of rattles, it looks like there are hardly any screws holding the interior together. I don't know how I never noticed this before.
The trim that holds the bezel around the door handle is called a "black washer head screw." I found the exact one at a large sized Ace. I believe I found the trim screws (with the captive conical washers) there also, but I am not 100% certain.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

I got some from Advance before.

Quick Reply: Where to find interior trim screws?