General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Press. Plate malfunction?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Press. Plate malfunction?

I've been having some issues with my clutch in the past week. To start off all of the sudden i lost all clutch pedal (it stuck to the floor) while going down the road, and before that it would make noises (sounded like it was coming from around the transmission area possibly shifter area) when i would shift into a gear while rolling, and not engage the clutch. Now i have a very weak pedal down until about 1/4 of the way from the floor. There is no fluid on the rod of the Master, and no fluid anywhere on the actual shaft thing of it. I bled the system via the slave's bleeder valve today, and ended up with the same pedal feel of weak untill about 1/4 from the floor, then a little bit of normal feel. When the car is on it will BARELY go into first, and i cant get it into reverse. I can although, start it in reverse, or first and get it into neutral without any grinding or any other misc. noises. The only thng i can figure is wrong with it is either A. the pressure plate isnt doing what its needs to? or B. the slave is like... shot somehow. I dont take the car to the track, but i have raced it a couple of times. usually 2nd-4th.

thanks in advance guys (sorry for the long writeup lol)
Old 08-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Im having the same problem as you except I have a Dual Friction centerforce and flywheel, mcleod adjustable master, and the same 01+ hydraulics. Im thinking that it has something to do with the slave. I have about 11000 miles on mine and the fluid is a little burnt from the headers. How many miles are on your setup? I would lean towards the hydraulics over the pressure plate.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Launching!

no more than 5k miles, and no more than 4 races, i tested the master by unhooking the quick disconnect fromt he slave, and the pedal was stiff as hell, wouldnt budge, which im guessing means the masters not broke. only thing i could think of is PP is somehow messed up or more than likely the slave cyl is somehow not pushing out far enough or something...