General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car Running Rough; Won't Make Power

Old 09-28-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Car Running Rough; Won't Make Power

So I got in the SS a bit ago to run to the parts store to get some stuff to work on the g/f's Camry... Fired her up and she was idling fine, but as soon as I put her in gear and went to go, the car began running very rough. Gave it a little pedal and it shuddered and kicked a little, but wouldn't accelerate. I limped it back around the bloock and parked it. It smells like it's dumping a ton of fuel, so I'm thinking an O2 sensor went out? Any ideas, fellas? Thanks a ton!
Old 09-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SES light on?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by UAZ28SS
So I got in the SS a bit ago to run to the parts store to get some stuff to work on the g/f's Camry... Fired her up and she was idling fine, but as soon as I put her in gear and went to go, the car began running very rough. Gave it a little pedal and it shuddered and kicked a little, but wouldn't accelerate. I limped it back around the bloock and parked it. It smells like it's dumping a ton of fuel, so I'm thinking an O2 sensor went out? Any ideas, fellas? Thanks a ton!
Sounds like the o2. And you will NOT necassarily get an SES light with bad o2's. My car when bone stock didn't and it doesn't do it now after mods. I have to get a scan with an OBDII to see the bad o2's. PCM's are just wierd.

Search this Thread