General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

calling you guys with a dumped exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default calling you guys with a dumped exhaust

i have a bullet muffler dumped off my y-pipe(pacesetter lt's and y) and the hanger is mounted towards the end of the turndown tip and bolted to the backside of my floorpan. ever since i had this done there is a hellacious buzzing noise at around 1800-2000rpm. it is very overwhelming. i have put header wrap and a piece of rubber behind it to try and help, but it still does it. and could my driver side 02 sensor be loose?? there is a very loud rattle on the driver side only at idle sometimes and when you first accelerate and while cruising around 40mph. i have wrapped the fuel lines that cross the y-pipe with heater hose and zip tied any loose feeling lines or plastic pieces and it still does it! i ran over a dead deer in the middle of the road about 2 weeks ago. could that have made my 02 sensor loose?? i give up.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

anybody got any suggestions??
Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Launching!

I would just get under there with a rubber mallet and tap the exhaust to see if you can find it.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey man i had the same problem, i have pacesetter lt's and ory, with a bullet at the end..my bullet was making the rattle as it was softly taping something, so i did away with it and run nothng but a ory, i like it better with the cam anyways!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
hey man i had the same problem, i have pacesetter lt's and ory, with a bullet at the end..my bullet was making the rattle as it was softly taping something, so i did away with it and run nothng but a ory, i like it better with the cam anyways!!!
lol yea that would solve it. i don't know if i could drive it everyday with an open y. most definite if it was a weekend car only. idk though... i do like loud i have checked everything. the heat shields are tight. the one where the stock cat used to be is gone. my fuel lines at the y-pipe are wrapped with heater hose. i think it is my driver side o2 sensor loose. and im pretty sure what caused it. lets just say it was a dark and on a back road, i was tired, and a dead deer in the middle of the road. yea it sucked smelling that all the way home. at least it didn't hurt anything else.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah you got a lil lucky if you didnt tear anything up...but yeah my car is my dd for most of the week, if its rainning i try not to drive it.yes it is loud as hell but i like it, and im to damn lazy to start making my true duals!!
Old 11-25-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

my turndowns shake the change in the console