Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Vic Jr or FAST
Fast 92mm ported 95mm with rev 95mm vengence setup
57.50%
Victor Jr setup
42.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Victor jr or fast 92mm

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

a vic jr. will only gain on the top end, i dont know if it will help on a 346 too much. if ur rev range for racing is in the 5500 to 7000 i would go vic, it wont be worth it on the street. go vic jr. only if u really mean a max effort 346, i dont know how those intake's fit under a stock hood on the vette tho consider that too. u have to trim for the fast just under the winshield area
Old 10-20-2008, 05:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll eventually go Vic Jr when I go bigger cubes + FI. I love how it looks and its cheaper than a FAST.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 AM
on2
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how much higher the Vic Jr. sits than the FAST? I'd like to go that route however I have very limited hood clearance.

And I'm guessing I would also have to get an elbow from http://www.intakeelbows.com which adds to the total cost of running a Vic. Jr.

Do the factory fuel rails fit the Vic Jr.? If not, then buying fuel rails adds another cost to running the Vic Jr.

Also, we haven't seen how this intake (ported) compares to a ported FAST which cost significantly more but lets see how much the Vic Jr. can be opened up or improved upon from its factory casting.

Last edited by on2; 10-20-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well hows the cost and performance between a LS6 and a Vic Jr.?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by on2
Does anyone know how much higher the Vic Jr. sits than the FAST? I'd like to go that route however I have very limited hood clearance.

And I'm guessing I would also have to get an elbow from http://www.intakeelbows.com which adds to the total cost of running a Vic. Jr.

Do the factory fuel rails fit the Vic Jr.? If not, then buying fuel rails adds another cost to running the Vic Jr.

Also, we haven't seen how this intake (ported) compares to a ported FAST which cost significantly more but lets see how much the Vic Jr. can be opened up or improved upon from its factory casting.
Order a vic jr from summit and it comes with fuel rails, so problem solved there.
You need to at least port match the victor jr to your heads. The way it comes box stock there is alot of material around the runners so that it can be ported. Alot of people are seeing comparable numbers to a fast setup with a vic jr when they are port matched, but the biggest thing as far as Ive read here is to have a cam spec'd to the vic jr. I dont know a whole lot about cam theory but it seems a 110+2 is a popular LSA for the single plane intake.
So Vic jr+port match+PROPER CAM=~FAST performance.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

how does the gmpp single plane stack up to the vic. I thought i read somewhere that you didnt even need to trim the cowl with the gmpp, but the shorter runners made it an even more top end oriented intake.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by on2

You can buy the Edlebrock 102* elbow. It will fit a stock TB, NW 90mm & FAST. It has the proper bolting options & will clear a stock hood. Plus it's under $100 compared to intake elbows $250 price tag. And the Edlebrock has provisions for the throttle cable.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I say the PORTED FAST because to get any power out of a vic jr he's gonna have to spin it up to the moon and have less lowend tq as punishment for buying it.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here we go, i no a few people that went from a FAST to a vic and picked up a tenth to 2 tenths over fast at the track and said driving around town it feels the same! Yeah you use some low end torq but little. but who starts a race below 3000rpm's Hell if you have a stall over 3500 or a m6 your fine. If you want even more power loose the elbow and and the 90mm tb and just get a 2000cfm TB and bolt it to the top of the vic jr guys are picking up 30whp just doing that!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Most of the people that are having issues with the carb style intake are ones that are using a real crappy elbow. A tight and narrow radius elbows greatly reduce the flow velocity and kill low end torque. These elbows are used, because people do not want to cut their cowls. Here are bad elbows:

Old 10-22-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have has seen people put spacer in the k-member for magnachargers im sure you can do the same so you dont have to cut your cowl
Old 10-22-2008, 12:36 PM

all depends on your intentions with the car. for a steet car with the better low/midrange power obviously you dont want a long runner intake like the vic jr. but if you are looking for the absolute most power, and plan on going high in the rpm range, the vic jr with an elbow and 95mm tb would be your best bet...

also need to think about clearance and smog stipulations bending state rules
Old 10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
I say the PORTED FAST because to get any power out of a vic jr he's gonna have to spin it up to the moon and have less lowend tq as punishment for buying it.
Common mis-conception. All about the combo. Get a cam spec'd to the intake and itll be fine.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
You can buy the Edlebrock 102* elbow. It will fit a stock TB, NW 90mm & FAST. It has the proper bolting options & will clear a stock hood. Plus it's under $100 compared to intake elbows $250 price tag. And the Edlebrock has provisions for the throttle cable.

They are $225, not $250, and now do have throttle cable provisions. Gotta pay a little more for good looks and extra machining/fab time