Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudest IDELING exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wont get much louder than it is now
Old 11-09-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in case you didnt read the post i said "i dont have to worry about tickets" and i am already running an ORY with LT's and its way too quiet. no, loud doesnt get old to me. i use to run open headers but it sounded like a farm truck.

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
Loud is cool untill you get a ticket + it gets old after awhile. Trust me. If you research my posts from almost 2 years ago I made a thread just like yours. Then not to long after that I was posting up in the wanted section stock catback and a electric cutout. If you want loud run some longtubes a 3" ORY and a slp bullet/resonator at the end dumped at the axle
Old 11-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

maybe it's just me, but why the hell would you want to run around with open headers? maybe at the track but thats about it.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

lg pro long tubes with B&B bullets!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive got dual cutouts behind each header, best way to go if you want a loud idle. has a little more tone than open headers, but still a great sound, then if and when it does get old, cap them manually or by use of electric switch (this way you can adjust hte volume as well, not just full open or full closed). otherwise its not going to get too much louder.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go
also, i dont have to worry about emissions or any laws because the town im in. the cops dont care about cats or noise!
They sure are dicks about it in fayetteville
Old 11-10-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

LT's True Duals and Flowmaster 1 chambers dumped.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

i love my spintech
Old 11-10-2008, 01:17 AM
12 Second Club

Me and the original poster has a little in common.I have ran open headers before but its just to mullet sounding for a driver.

Maybe he is like me and want to hear the cam better at idle.I know my exhaust is to tame for me .and seems to muffle the Cam loping at idle.And i have Lt headers X pipe with dumped 1 chambers.Sound great at WOT and Crusing.It just Does not really let the Cam Lope shine Enough for my taste.

Here is my car as it sits now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs4C3BUCcuE
Old 11-10-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by '02TA
LT's True Duals and Flowmaster 1 chambers dumped.
this was what i was going to say....

thats what i have.. no where near as loud as open headers on the inside.. almost as loud on the outside...

but it sounds 500x's better..
Old 11-10-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it's not loud enough now with an open y-pipe being that you already have a pretty sizable cam, it's never going to be loud enough, period.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

this guy understands exactly what im trying to say!

Originally Posted by ls1chris
Me and the original poster has a little in common.I have ran open headers before but its just to mullet sounding for a driver.

Maybe he is like me and want to hear the cam better at idle.I know my exhaust is to tame for me .and seems to muffle the Cam loping at idle.And i have Lt headers X pipe with dumped 1 chambers.Sound great at WOT and Crusing.It just Does not really let the Cam Lope shine Enough for my taste.

Here is my car as it sits now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs4C3BUCcuE
Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

true duals with lm1s!!! trust me it will be FRIGGIN LOUD!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

this guy understands exactly what im trying to say!
man i just listened to that clip and read what he said...

that car isnt going to have any more lope than that with that sized cam, and that is a lot of lope for what he has....

if you want more lope, turn your idle down.. if you idle at 1000 right now.. turn it down to 850-900... will make a WORLD of difference...

the xpipe into 1 chamber FM's is one of the best sounding exhausts in my opinion on cammed cars.. it doesnt quiet it down much, but REALLY improves the sound, lets you actually HEAR the lope..

to the guy with the pewter TA with xpipe and FM's... get a bigger cam.. i have the ms4 with same xhaust as you and it just SICK sounding.. period.
if you dont want to do that, turn the idle down.. but yours is idling just like it should with that cam..
Old 11-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Launching!

no noise at idle with stock cam get a 112lsa then loud no matter what
Old 11-10-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

My GMMG with LTs and ORY was really loud before I installed a bullet muffler
Old 11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

You are correct in your post lemons ,out of all the Tq V2 i have heard in person mine is loping harder than ones i have seen.It just is not enough for me.Thus the reason i am swapping out to either a Tq V3 or G5x6..I just love a nasty idle call me ricer if you guys must lol .

I will either keep my current exhaust or maybe switch out to some Bullets ;Still undecided..Lemons if you are ever around the Ky area hit me up man i would love to check your car out .
Old 11-10-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1chris
You are correct in your post lemons ,out of all the Tq V2 i have heard in person mine is loping harder than ones i have seen.It just is not enough for me.Thus the reason i am swapping out to either a Tq V3 or G5x6..I just love a nasty idle call me ricer if you guys must lol .

I will either keep my current exhaust or maybe switch out to some Bullets ;Still undecided..Lemons if you are ever around the Ky area hit me up man i would love to check your car out .
what part of kentucky are you in?

yes, you car sounds very good for that cam.. as far as the bullets DONT DO IT..

i had a buddy with a 408 in his car.. he had the EXACT same exhaust as you and me have... texas speed giant cam.. sounded about IDENTICAL to my car only his was a deeper tone (because it was a 408).. but as far as lope they were almost identical...

he changed and went to bullets..... he didnt tell me he did it and i met up with him at a local hangout, we started our cars and as i went to drive off i passed his car... stopped, got out, went over to his car and asked what was wrong with it that it sounded like ****.. this is when he told me he had changed exhausts..

with the bullets on his car not only could you not hear the lope as much as mine but mine was actually a deeper tone than his.. you could feel mine in your chest when it hit.. his was just loud, didnt sound good or hit hard.. it just sucked.. he put the FM's back on a week later.. haha

*** by the way.. before you go to a bigger cam just for sound, try doing what i said and idle it down.. if your idling at 900 right now.. drop down to 800 and see if you like that.. if not, then move to a bigger cam.. if your doing it for more speed, idling it down wont help, haha..

sorry for the long write up, just would hate to see you get rid of that exhaust because you want a better idle.. it gives one of the best sounding idles out of any exhaust.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I too want a more lope to my car. My cam only has 8 degrees of overlap, maybe a ms3 will sound better.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ok this might sound stupid but i want loudest idle i can get. i dont care if its loud when im WOT. i just want a really really LOUD idle! right now i have hooker LT's, no cats, and an open offroad Y-pipe but it's not loud enough. i might go with TD's but i dont know wat muffler or no muffler. i do still want it to sound good...just good and loud. all the exhaust i hear are quiet at idle and loud at WOT but i want the opposite.
also, i dont have to worry about emissions or any laws because the town im in. the cops dont care about cats or noise!
cut-outs. Have it quiet and loud as all hell when you want.

Quick Reply: loudest IDELING exhaust?