Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudest IDELING exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by '02TA
LT's True Duals and Flowmaster 1 chambers dumped.
Still is not that loud on the outside. On the inside it is VERY loud..

Here is my set with the same exhasut.. And with my cam added to it

Old 11-10-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 112LSA on a 232/234 duration. its in my signature!

Originally Posted by chase3
no noise at idle with stock cam get a 112lsa then loud no matter what
Old 11-10-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TA1364
I too want a more lope to my car. My cam only has 8 degrees of overlap, maybe a ms3 will sound better.
yes, ms3 would be a nice upgrade to your cam.. as far as sound goes..

Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go
i have a 112LSA on a 232/234 duration. its in my signature!
how many more times must you say this.. haha

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Still is not that loud on the outside. On the inside it is VERY loud..

Here is my set with the same exhasut.. And with my cam added to it

your car is very quiet.... my car is oppisite, pretty quiet on the inside (which i like).. but as loud as open headers just about on the outside.. just sounds 10x's better...
Old 11-10-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a flowmaster dual 3" into single 4" merge collector with a 4" electic cutout then a muffler or cat back of your choice behind that. I have that set up with a MS3 and it is really loud!! the idle is very loud then it also screams at WOT... Either that or true duals with no mufflers and dumps or true duals with LM1 dumped...
Old 11-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Launching!

my gmmg catback is 100dB at startup which is roughly 1,100rpm, this was taking behind the car 3 feet at waist level with the meter facing at an angle towards the exhaust.

If you want i can get a video of it with my meter to show you
Old 11-10-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy
my gmmg catback is 100dB at startup which is roughly 1,100rpm, this was taking behind the car 3 feet at waist level with the meter facing at an angle towards the exhaust.

If you want i can get a video of it with my meter to show you
i would just like to know how loud 100db is.. so i can kind of compare..
Old 11-11-2008, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

I am located around the barbourville / Middlesbrough area .But during the summer months i am usually down in tn with a good friend who races Super stock at some track's down their.

I am not switching just based on sound.This was my first cam to install into my car and it has performed well.I just am visiting the track more often with my local Forum and working to redo my setup this winter.Going to go with some decent heads,cam swap,intake change and if the funds allow i will be converting to a auto to be more consistent and cut down on broke parts.

I just feel this cam was a good cam to get me interested in them and after 2 years it's time to step up my setup and go all out.I will probably keep the exhaust, i like it but i just cant not seem to leave nothing alone lol.I just have a problem were i am never satisfied haha
Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1chris
I am located around the barbourville / Middlesbrough area .But during the summer months i am usually down in tn with a good friend who races Super stock at some track's down their.

I am not switching just based on sound.This was my first cam to install into my car and it has performed well.I just am visiting the track more often with my local Forum and working to redo my setup this winter.Going to go with some decent heads,cam swap,intake change and if the funds allow i will be converting to a auto to be more consistent and cut down on broke parts.

I just feel this cam was a good cam to get me interested in them and after 2 years it's time to step up my setup and go all out.I will probably keep the exhaust, i like it but i just cant not seem to leave nothing alone lol.I just have a problem were i am never satisfied haha
thats cool! i am thinking about going to bowling green sometime, to the 1/4.. i think they have one there. if so you could come see it then..

where is your friend located?

thats cool.. id go ms4.. but thats just me..

we all have that problem.. its called the mod bug.. haha
Old 11-11-2008, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

If you are talking about Clay city/Mountain park dragway then yes they do .It is Good track from what i hear.

He lives local to me Runs a auto shop but has a 63-64 Plymouth Savoy with a ray barton Super stocker engine in it.He has to travel around for point races and sponser's.So i usually go when work allows.usually in TN,Ga,La etc etc
Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1chris
If you are talking about Clay city/Mountain park dragway then yes they do .It is Good track from what i hear.

He lives local to me Runs a auto shop but has a 63-64 Plymouth Savoy with a ray barton Super stocker engine in it.He has to travel around for point races and sponser's.So i usually go when work allows.usually in TN,Ga,La etc etc
i guess.. thats all i know.. planning on going so i can get put on the top fastest H/C list...

ill give ya a shout if i end up going..
Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Teching In

my car 1 3/4 hookers with tru duals and bullet race mufflers 111db @ idle in car 135 @ WOT in car.... obscenely loud couldnt hear the damn radio but thats with a TREX and yes it was loud outside after a number of complaints from neighbors I got a ory and hooker catback now its loud outside only
Old 11-11-2008, 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

The vid that osted above was my old set up of my TDs..

Click the link in my sig. It is my cam with GMMG

Quick Reply: loudest IDELING exhaust?