Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jegs catback installed...my thoughts on it

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, it sounds fine outside the car from what I can tell. I may get rid of the ORY and get a catted one, that may tame that midrange area. Ultimately I want my car to be a whole lot quieter so I doubt I will run this exhaust for very long.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i installed a tsp rumbler last night. sounds almost as sick as an open cutout but deeper and a tad quieter. i love it and couldnt be happier.

the jegs was barely louder than my stock WS6 muffler and didnt have the raw tone i was looking for.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh and as far as installation...the jegs was a bitch to get to fit right. the rumbler was perfect. the hangers were exactly where they needed to be.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by noriceinside
i installed a tsp rumbler last night. sounds almost as sick as an open cutout but deeper and a tad quieter. i love it and couldnt be happier.

the jegs was barely louder than my stock WS6 muffler and didnt have the raw tone i was looking for.
Yea I agree, I installed the same muffler on the system and like u said its barely louder then stock...Ill be switching to the rumbler myself before spring

Quick Reply: Jegs catback installed...my thoughts on it