Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much Do MDS coils Help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^BFGoodwrench tires huh? How do you like them? Nice banshee BTW
Old 11-15-2008, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sux at the track, pretty good on the road. should have seen my banshee when i first bought. the guy pretty much took the motor off and rattle canned the whole thing ford blue. hopefully my cyl will be done soon and ready for a stroker crank. im in debat on finshing it or putting more into the camaro
Old 11-15-2008, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

u have no idea how many hrs of sand blasting and sand i had to do.
Attached Thumbnails How much Do MDS coils Help?-pic-2777565.jpg   How much Do MDS coils Help?-finished-pic-1.jpg  
Old 11-16-2008, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=SweeTbone;10486663]They do look better. So grab a $3 dollar rattle can and spray your stockers. Don't dump any money into an aftermarket part that is on par with or below OEM quality.

very good idea!!! im going to do that soon.looks great!did you sand them and primer them or just clean and paint?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thegroup
u have no idea how many hrs of sand blasting and sand i had to do.
Looks good now, that was pretty goofy looking with blue My buddy bought a 05 YFZ awhile back and the guy went crazy with yellow paint..yellow plastic too Got a few quads i see. I was joking with the BFgoodwrench tires..guess the jokes on me. I've never even heard of them
Old 11-16-2008, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
They do look better. So grab a $3 dollar rattle can and spray your stockers. Don't dump any money into an aftermarket part that is on par with or below OEM quality.

Originally Posted by LS1nut377
very good idea!!! im going to do that soon.looks great!did you sand them and primer them or just clean and paint?
I used a Duplicolor Black Sandable Primer on them first. Didn't sand them at all nor was there a need to. This wasn't a "high build" primer or anything, just a regular black primer that could be sanded, if needed, then sprayed it with the Duplicolor red. The exact name of the red is eluding me at the moment, but just pick the brightest one. For a total of like $6 it's a great improvement. You may not even need to prime them, but I figured it would help the paint adhere anyways, so jump the budget up from the previously quoted $3 to $6 for primer and paint instead of just paint.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by litemup02
Looks good now, that was pretty goofy looking with blue My buddy bought a 05 YFZ awhile back and the guy went crazy with yellow paint..yellow plastic too Got a few quads i see. I was joking with the BFgoodwrench tires..guess the jokes on me. I've never even heard of them
those were my buddies in the background. i do mechanic work on the side (pushing trash at a landfill is my profession) about the tires, oops!