Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have kooks headers/kooks catted y and b&b...not loud enough

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 12:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea my car had pacesettlers ory and corsa too. And it sounded bad ***. Everyone around my town wanted corsa after i put it on my car..
Old 12-19-2008, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by srtricky
I would say don't do it! I had false hopes because of the B&B's ive had on my c5 and c6 (although I liked my c5 with borla stingers the most) I would say go with a borla on your car. Then again we have another member on here that hates the borla so its just a personal preference thing. If it wasn't there wouldn't really be a need for more then one catback company
I like the Borla stingers as well but they are only 2.5 inch. I thought about calling Mufflex and asking if they could make their 4 inch catback transition into 2.5 duals after it passes over the axle and stuffing a couple stingers at the rear with some nice tips.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have kooks headrs, y catted y and slp ldmth 1, its def better sounding at idle, than stock, when i get on it its crazy loud, im curious as to what the ldmth 2 would do, im getting cutouts any way
Old 12-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned

An LMII may give you the sound you want..
Old 12-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Banned

I'm running the same headers and y as you but through a Magnaflow catback, and it's not that loud but it does sound tough. However when I crack the cutout, WOT is damn loud though. Used to give me a headache driving around and people **** their pants when I roar past them.

You gut those cats and you're going to get some raspiness man and once you do that there's no going back.

-You can get rid of that B&B on the forum here. I'm sure someone would buy it, and get you a loudmouth and still have some coin left over probably.

-You could ditch the muffler completely and just weld in a pipe or resonator, you'll still keep those nice tips and get it alot louder.

-You could do like me, get a cutout welded infront of the I-pipe, an electric one to open whenever you want. That's plenty loud.

It's pretty simple.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at the moment i have kooks lt's catted y and straight pipe to the dual outlet, no muffler or resonator, sounds pretty good, i removed the ldmth 1 resonator and welded in pipe,
Old 01-03-2009, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Cool

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
An LMII may give you the sound you want..
Been reading some of this thread. I started a similar thread about getting another cutout but unfortunatly the way my y-pipe is set up it runs into 1 pipe so theres no room for a separate cutout on the other side(left side)
I think Im gonna take your advice & save up for a loudmouth maybe.

Last edited by Zoegirl; 01-04-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

like my lm1 but it is loud and nasty!!

Quick Reply: have kooks headers/kooks catted y and b&b...not loud enough