Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Valley Cover (PCV System) and Coolant Vent Tubes

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS6 Valley Cover (PCV System) and Coolant Vent Tubes

I was reading LS1HowTo.com about the LS6 Valley Cover swap and saw that it said that I need some 2001+ Coolant Vent Tubes. Why is this? Does anyone have pictures of the pre-2001 tubes and 2001+ tubes for comparison?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do.

Sorry my pics are stuck on an external drive that refuses to load.
**EDIT** found some for you

The difference is the LS6 PCV has a tube on the front of it that blocks your LS1 lines from working. I tried to make it work with LS1 tubes just to see if it could be done bought bought LS6 lines just in case. I was in the same perdicament as you and couldnt find the difference.

Also the underside ofthe LS6 has a big box thing and lots of big raised dots that stopped the ls1 lines from laying flat and hitting the manifold with all the ribs cut off.

LS1 valley cover VS LS6

heres the LS6 valley cover showing how the ls6 lines bend out enough to clear the new pcv line. LS6 does not sue any back coolant tubes but rather plugs the 2 that were there.

hope this helps

P.S. You will may need to grind your block for it to clear the ls6 pcv box. I had to do it to mine but it all went fine. its just extra casting material, the ls6 blocks have a clearing for this already.

Last edited by Tainted; 01-08-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: LS6 Valley Cover (PCV System) and Coolant Vent Tubes