Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fbody headers with C5 (batwing)oil pan?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fbody headers with C5 (batwing)oil pan?

I posted in the conversion forum, but I just wanted to cover all ground. Anyone have any luck with this or know if they will work. Possibly some measurements? Im almost positive the driver side will fit. The pass. side is the prob. One guy using a set of ebay headers(still waiting to hear what style) had success and another using hooker super comps did not. Iv found some 1 3/4 shortys with 3" collectors, but I really wanted a decent set of LTs.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:22 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We had tried it at the shop I worked at before with little to no luck in fittament. It would be a rough fit if you made it work. However the clearance must be what you are after here. Would be nice if they were compatable, but I am afraid that it is not worth the money and time invested to try it. Is this going on an Fbody?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Launching!

They would be going on a 76 vette. I already had one guy in the conversions forum say the hookers would work and has them on his vehicle with the batwing. From the looks of the regular comps, it seems they would work. The super comps on the other hand look like they could be a problem. They comps look like they are more angled back, where the super comps have a few more "snakes" and turns.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:33 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh ok. As long as it wasn't an fbody then i was thinking that it should just be pretty straightforward depending on what style of header you wanted. Sounds like regular comps are the way to go then.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Iv sent a few messages to several of the header manufacturers hoping they will be able to give me more of a definitive answer. One guy on a forum saying that they will fit a c5 oil pan just isnt enough to me. I want to make sure before I make a 600 dollar purchase. Anyone else have any experience with this?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why not get an LS2 oil pan?
Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Launching!

C5 pan was super cheap and has great clearance. LS2 pan would be nice but I really dont feel like taking the c5 pan off, selling it, and buying another pan.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Launching!

For future reference, Hooker fbody headers(2469-2HKR) WILL FIT the batwing c5 oil pan!!!! I man'd up and got a set of the stainless steel headers. They are friggin great! Im gonna have the egr etc. removed and tig welded back up. If anyone in the future is doing a search and comes across this, I will be glad to shoot you any measurements or pics.

Quick Reply: Fbody headers with C5 (batwing)oil pan?