Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help w/ header/exhaust setup +shop 2 install

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help w/ header/exhaust setup +shop 2 install

hope some of you guys or sponsors can key in here and help me with my exhaust system. i have a 2000 ss m6 bonestock in performance mods. i want to go with 1 7/8 ARH headers w/ a catted y. im not sure on what catback to get but it it has to be stainless and high flowing(i might prolong purchase for gmmg). i want to run it over the axle so i need a pb relocater too right? i have a valence and soon to have the 90 bends with 2.5'' cme. i guess im not going to run air or egr and have them removed and deleted out.i don't want a raspy sound. if it helps im going with 1 7/8 x 3 for engine swap down the road.

1 7/8 x 3 ARH and catted y. I heard theres no issues w/ stock k member true?
two 24'' 02 extensions
not sure what catback?
phb relocater
anything im forgetting??????

im willing to travel up to 200 miles for professional installer with a good deal.im located at andrews afb in maryland. let spending tax money begin!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your plans are very similar to mine except Im going for qtp headers and maybe the gmmg or mufflex 4". If your going with a catback I dont think you need that phb relocater most folks do that when they run true duals over the axle. As far as shops not sure I was gonna talk to Fast Lane Performance in Brandywine Ive seen there work but I hear there prices are on the high side. Theres a sponser on here in Finksburg MD which is about an hour and 20 min drive from D.C. that does all that stuff not sure what their called but they usually post in the eastern section.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you dont need a phb relocation kit. thats only for true dual systems. if your running a y pipe any catback system will due. also i am running tsp 1 7/8 headers and i had no problem at all with fitment, but lets just say they are not the most durable, so due to a hole in mine already( have only had them on for about a month or two and rarley drive my car) i will be either purchasing some kooks headers or any other brand . not sure how the ones you want will fit but i can only imagine they will be fine.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

I have PaceSetter with 3 inch true duals and with a chambered muffler but my doesnt go over the axle its underneath the axle.I love it like that because I always get commented when some one is driving behind me that it looks good.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tonys02slpss
I have PaceSetter with 3 inch true duals and with a chambered muffler but my doesnt go over the axle its underneath the axle.I love it like that because I always get commented when some one is driving behind me that it looks good.
nice cme tony. i definately want it over the axle.so im assuming then by any catback like you said is pretty much mendrel bent for over the axle correct?? so pretty much all i need is a adj phb and im strait? i really don't wanna spend 800-900 bones on gmmg.also, why are people still running bullet mufflers even tho that have a catted y pipe that tells me its still gonna be too loud. she only needs to be loud when im gettin on her
Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 PM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

I'm running Dynatech SuperMaxx LT's w/ high flow cats and Corsa cat-back. Big fan of the sound. It goes over the axle.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HWI
I'm running Dynatech SuperMaxx LT's w/ high flow cats and Corsa cat-back. Big fan of the sound. It goes over the axle.
is that a y pipe? did you use phb relocater? more specific please
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

If you get a catback made for the car there should be no need for relocating anything. With our system there should be no issues with the K-member. And we have the O2 extensions,If you have any questions give us a call in the shop
Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 PM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
is that a y pipe? did you use phb relocater? more specific please
Y-pipe with high flow cats and it uses stock hangars, no modding anything.