Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

going from 3in tsp ory to 2.5in custom ory help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face going from 3in tsp ory to 2.5in custom ory help!

hey guys my tsp ory dont give me the clearance that i want on the drivers side and it hangs to low and i thinking about scraping it and having a custom 2.5in y pipe made.
will i lose any power doing this? will the sound change?
current exhaust set up is pacesetter coated lt's,tsp ory and a 3in custom single exit magnaflow exhaust.
or should i bfh the y i have now and flaten it like a stocker?
thanks guys.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I would think your sound might change somewhat, but I don't think you'll lose anything at the bolt-on level. I run a 2.5 Y using Flowmaster reducers off the collectors and then going into a Flowmaster merge.

My theory is that the gradual necking down of the system into a good merge is better for flow than having 3" tubes slammed together in a crappy merge.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RevGTO
I would think your sound might change somewhat, but I don't think you'll lose anything at the bolt-on level. I run a 2.5 Y using Flowmaster reducers off the collectors and then going into a Flowmaster merge.

My theory is that the gradual necking down of the system into a good merge is better for flow than having 3" tubes slammed together in a crappy merge.
Flowmaster makes a dual 3" in merge... its what I use... so no need to neck it down prior just to use the flowmaster merge.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys. anyother sugestions?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by udienow
Flowmaster makes a dual 3" in merge... its what I use... so no need to neck it down prior just to use the flowmaster merge.
I didn't suggest it was needed for that ... I went to 2.5 for space reasons like the OP asked about. Not to say that guys don't get dual 3" tubes to work, they do.