Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Folks with redesigned SLP lids?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Folks with redesigned SLP lids?

I kept reading about how crappy the SLP lid fit, ranging from gaps between the top and bottom portions of the lid, to the tabs not staying down and a lot of people mentioned rubbing against the hood. These three problems kept coming up from a lot of you, and now just recently I some members said SLP redesigned their lid.

My question is, how much of this is true and did it fix all of the problems above(gaps, tabs and rubbing) I dont wanna drop a hundred bucks if the old problems are still out there on this new design.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe I have the redesigned lid, I bought it a couple of months ago, directly from SLP. Basically, it fits well, if not a bit tight. No visible gaps. The tight fit however did break one of the clips that hold it down, I had to buy new ones from GM ($3 a piece). Good piece, one of the better lids out there from what I have heard.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 195 Likes on 164 Posts

It is tight getting on the MAF and the top of it must rub a little on my VFN hood (with WS6 lower airbox), because I see some scuffing there. There was none with the standard hood & airbox.

Otherwise, it is a quality, well-constructed piece that fits well.