Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

you must mean the oil pressure sending unit

its a tall cylinder that screws into the block behind the intake, so it sticks up and is easy to break off since its plastic

be very careful when putting the new intake in and don't just ram it back to far in a hurry, take your time and don't force anything

there's really not much to swapping intakes on these engines....its basically a case of unplug and put everything back once the new intake is in place, of course you fbody guys have to work under the cowl and windshield which blows haha
Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
you must mean the oil pressure sending unit

its a tall cylinder that screws into the block behind the intake, so it sticks up and is easy to break off since its plastic

be very careful when putting the new intake in and don't just ram it back to far in a hurry, take your time and don't force anything

there's really not much to swapping intakes on these engines....its basically a case of unplug and put everything back once the new intake is in place, of course you fbody guys have to work under the cowl and windshield which blows haha
Thanks a million. I ordered some new gaskets for the swap and have just got the Volant off and am just starting the removal. I will keep an eye out for that oil pressure sending unit and just take my time. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

looks like another guy just made a post about breaking it just pulling the intake...

I'm not sure how really since I have so much room, so be very careful pulling the intake too. Lift it up just enough to break the seal against the block and then pull forward slowly would be the best way I think but you might pm someone who has done this on an fbody car
Old 03-13-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by driftpin
I was doing some reading in one of my books and it said there was a way to run them to help cool the #7 cyclinder, which is prone to overheating for some reason unknown to me.

You are correct. It tends to run leaner because it is the last cylinder to receive fuel on the DS which tends to make it hotter. Some people when they get their injectors rebuilt/flow tested run their richest injector in that spot to compensate.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happens if I keep the stock coolant lines??