Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP vs Texas Speed True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SLP vs Texas Speed True Duals

I have a 2000 ss with a LS6 motor what would i have better power with an SLp loudmouth 1 or Texas Speed True Duals
Old 02-27-2009, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

always going to have a little more power with true duals. the difference becomes more apparent when making alot more hp over stock. again its minimal

i was going to say stick with a catback if its your DD because TDs are loud.... but when your comparing them to a loudmouth1 i say its your choice!
Old 02-28-2009, 03:55 AM
On The Tree

The True duals sound great especialy after some long tubes but the with the clearance issues that I had....I would do it differently and stick with catback.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

true duals but any shop can fab them up and probably for cheaper too just my .02
Old 02-28-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you dont plan on headers and want it loud, i say just go with lm1. clearance is great and sounds good.

honestly with a catback only, there will be NO difference between the exhausts (minus flowmaster). at least not enough to affect times. get what sounds good to you, that will make you the happiest.

heres a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzLfS1nRuU
Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That depends on several factors. How well is your y-pipe made? If it's a mandrel-bent y-pipe with a Flowmaster merge and a Louthmouth I system vs. Texas Speed TD's, I'm going to put my money on the Loudmouth I. The Texas Speed TD's don't have a very good X-merge at all. Not to mention the Sweet Thunder mufflers neck down and the Spiral Flows are quite restrictive. The bullets are by far the best choice for power, but even then, the mediocre X-merge on the system may not be able to outperform a beautifully made Y-pipe with the freest flowing exhaust system out there, the Loudmouth I.

What kind of y-pipe do you have? If you have Pacesetters with the crappy Pacesetter or TSP y-pipe, where the merge is horrible, I'm going to put my money on the TD's. What is your entire system comprised of? What y-pipe are we weighing in vs. the TSP TD's?

It's very hard to make TD's that outperform a y-pipe on these cars because the TD's don't fit properly and they're not even close to equal length on each side. That and the merges typically suck on the custom systems I've seen. TD's make more power in a perfect world, but if you're comparing crush-bent TD's with a crappy merge and horribly uneven lengths running off each header collector, you're going to lose power with TD's. Unfortunately, most custom TD's I've seen are poorly made and I'm sure a y-pipe would outperform them
Old 03-09-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hate to bump this, but I went from a LM1 to a TSP 3" TD setup. I would not want to go back to the SLP. The TSP sounds sooo much better, and up top the butt dyno says that it pulls a lot harder.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brickyard
I hate to bump this, but I went from a LM1 to a TSP 3" TD setup. I would not want to go back to the SLP. The TSP sounds sooo much better, and up top the butt dyno says that it pulls a lot harder.
good to hear, im picking mine up tomorrow, should sound way better than my cutout or stock catback...
Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The tsp is a well designed system and not some hacked out customized system. The only downfall its not stainless like their headers are

Quick Reply: SLP vs Texas Speed True Duals