Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gmmg

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gmmg

i have a 2001 SOM Camaro SS as seen in the picture. i am doing a CME for the tips on the car but i am debating the exhaust system. is it worth the $750 to buy the GMMG 3" stainless catback system. i think it is, but i would like some other thoughts from people that do or do not have the system. i am leaving the stock manifolds and cats. what do you think?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Teching In

Me personally id say go for it, after i get back to the states in 2 months. Some of the money i have made is def goign to a GMMG chambered exhaust.
In my opinion i think it sounds great. course to each thier own. But id say go for it. you wont be dissapointed.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have GMMG (soundclip in sig) with my cam. I love it. It is raspy if you have an O/R Y pipe. It sounds great with a catted Y. In the spring i am adding a PowerPack in the I pipe to get rid of some rasp.

here how it sounds w/o a cam.. LTs and O/R Y http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HptGjztwsy8
Old 03-04-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

That catback is overpriced imo regardless of how good it sounds...You could get a catback, a lid, and a set of Lt's for the price of that system.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GMMG for sure!!! Just to give you a heads up though. I called to order the GMMG system last week and they had "0" in stock. They were saying that there parts for the systems (raw material I take it) were on back order. She couldn't give me a time frame for when they would be back on the shelf again. Just a little FYI !!!

But it is possible that something could of changed.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

save your money...its a catback...save 300-400 bucks on another catback without losing great flow and sound. ive had about every option available, and in the end that money will be better spent on other bolt ons. and like Torchd said, if you are not running cats, it has a terrible rasp. if you do decide to run it, please run cats. it does sound amazing with cats.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoneSS
GMMG for sure!!! Just to give you a heads up though. I called to order the GMMG system last week and they had "0" in stock. They were saying that there parts for the systems (raw material I take it) were on back order. She couldn't give me a time frame for when they would be back on the shelf again. Just a little FYI !!!

But it is possible that something could of changed.

yeah, i ordered mine directly through their website about a month and a half ago not knowing that they were out of stock. I have been waiting ever since, but GMMG is what i have had my mind set on so im not going to settle for anything else. find as many sound clips as you can through youtube and ls1sounds.com. youll love it.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
I have GMMG (soundclip in sig) with my cam. I love it. It is raspy if you have an O/R Y pipe. It sounds great with a catted Y. In the spring i am adding a PowerPack in the I pipe to get rid of some rasp.

here how it sounds w/o a cam.. LTs and O/R Y http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HptGjztwsy8
what size cam?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I got LTs, O/R Y and a CB for the price of that CB
Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
I got LTs, O/R Y and a CB for the price of that CB
damn straight baby me too

Pacesetter headers = $350
Pacesetter y-pipe = $125
Jeg's catback = $250

= $725
Old 03-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Raise
damn straight baby me too

Pacesetter headers = $350
Pacesetter y-pipe = $125
Jeg's catback = $250

= $725
no afence, but what you bought is kind of on the **** end of quality stuff.

i have seen 3 sets of pacestters come a part. they suck. and i cant speak for jegs cat back, cause well beside you never seen anyone run it.

if the guy has the money and wants a good quality part, then let him get it with out alot of ****.

and i have heard gmmg exhuast. best sounding v-8 i have ever heard. far better then 400 magnaflow, or 600 corsaca
Old 03-04-2009, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Depends on where you live. My buddies pacesetters look damn near brand new and they have been on atleast 2-3 years and his car is a DD. We dont see snow here but do see enough rain.....

Exhaust sound is a matter opinion....

The only time I would buy high end parts such as QTPs/Kooks/ etc is if I was building a stroker or high hp car and needed to get every possibly horsepower.....

I got Hooker 1 /34, O/R Y and Hooker CB. It has seen two rain seasons and has minimal rust [ mostly on the bolts... ].
My friend has it and I don't like how it sounds at all
Old 03-04-2009, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Furthermore, I don't think anyone was giving him **** rather trying to point out that he could get more mods for his money and still sound good.....
Old 03-04-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
no afence, but what you bought is kind of on the **** end of quality stuff.

i have seen 3 sets of pacestters come a part. they suck. and i cant speak for jegs cat back, cause well beside you never seen anyone run it.

if the guy has the money and wants a good quality part, then let him get it with out alot of ****.

and i have heard gmmg exhuast. best sounding v-8 i have ever heard. far better then 400 magnaflow, or 600 corsaca

hey bro, im not stopping him from getting anything. but i am giving him advice to save some money. as far as gmmg sounding better than magnaflow and corsa, isnt that opinion? well, thats exactly what i gave the guy. corsa is another over-priced catback on the market. if he is stuck on gmmg, then he will get gmmg no matter what. however, there are plenty of great sounding catbacks for close to half that price.

now, to the original poster, have to checked out hooker and magnaflow? they are both very popular catbacks with great flow and sound.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Depends on where you live. My buddies pacesetters look damn near brand new and they have been on atleast 2-3 years and his car is a DD. We dont see snow here but do see enough rain.....

Exhaust sound is a matter opinion....

The only time I would buy high end parts such as QTPs/Kooks/ etc is if I was building a stroker or high hp car and needed to get every possibly horsepower.....

I got Hooker 1 /34, O/R Y and Hooker CB. It has seen two rain seasons and has minimal rust [ mostly on the bolts... ].
My friend has it and I don't like how it sounds at all

thank you sir
Old 03-04-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Furthermore, I don't think anyone was giving him **** rather trying to point out that he could get more mods for his money and still sound good.....
another thank you kind sir
Old 03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Read the exhaust review from "gettinthere" about half way through this page...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...nds-com-2.html
Old 03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

No problem.....I hate when people knock PS'ers/Hookers.....they're usually all an F-body owner will ever need
Old 03-04-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

do a search for hooker and pacesetter headers on this site and i guarantee the number of satisfied customers outweighs the number of unsatisfied customers by leaps and bounds. like King said, there are Pacesetter owners going on 2-3 years with no rust. I have owned Pacesetters on 5 of my LS1 f-bodies and I have never had a leak or rust problem. bang for the buck = pacesetter/hooker
Old 03-04-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wasn't to impressed with just the cat back. Thought it would have been louder. Sounded good but I also think my brothers LM2 sounds great with manifolds.

With my cam and LT's/cats my car sounds nasty. In a good way. Sounds like a fricken race car. It's like the Cadillac ad from a year ago, "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor"? Uh yup haha

If you never plan on putting headers or anything I'd go with another exhaust. It is very expensive. Great quality don't get me wrong, I love mine. But are other great choices out there