Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LID vs FIPK?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LID vs FIPK?

hey ZDOG, i think this is the picture you are looking for? CLICK HERE looks like the stock bellow, so i assume you can use whatever you are using right now. hope this helps!
Old 10-18-2003, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

by the way, if you get the Volant before i do, let me know how ya like it! I think i'm gonna do the volant and the Bauer TB at the same time
Old 10-18-2003, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

All I know is a buddy of mine has one on his car, and his IAT is like 120-130 on a night where mine was like 95-98ish.

I would never buy a FIPK.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the pic! now my decision is do i want the dual cone or the flat oval one? hmm? i know there supposed to be vehicle specific but with my aftermarket hood i dont think it will matter.
ill probally go with on for the ss because it looks like a smoother shot not having to go through a y-pipe first. but the dual looks cooler in my opinion.

damn the bling! damn it, damn it, damn it!
"when bling attacks"
Old 10-18-2003, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going with the T/A (of course, cause i have a T/A), but my thinking is different when it comes to the "y" shape. I would think the "y" would be a direct shot because the air will hit the filter first rather than hitting that front plastic piece causing the air to go up and over into the filter. I dont know if that made any sense, and the difference between the 2 is probably negligable anyways, i just thought i'd add my .02 anyways, they're cool no matter which one you get! good luck