Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker aerochamber help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 108dragon
What didn't get processed correctly? Is a "CB" not "Cat-Back"? I meant everything I recommended. The stock SLP exhaust system, if it is a REAL SLP exhaust, will support upward of 500 horse. If it is what the OP says it is, it would be stupid to replace any part of it just to make more noise -short of adding SLP's headers and cats.. Which, if the op's SLP car isn't equipped with SLP's headers already, should be plenty of extra sonic volume...and a better choice for the "next" exhaust mod.
Apparently you didn't process my statement correctly since I was agreeing with RevGTO since he also thinks the hooker Aerochamber is quiet....

I never disagreed with your opinion of how much a factory SLP exhaust can handle.....
Old 04-05-2009, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

a 3' CB vs a Muffler installed in place of the stock CB isn't going to be that much louder when it involves a Hooker Aerochamber....
Old 04-05-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
Apparently you didn't process my statement correctly since I was agreeing with RevGTO since he also thinks the hooker Aerochamber is quiet....

I never disagreed with your opinion of how much a factory SLP exhaust can handle.....
ok.. my misunderstanding.
Don't all the SLP cars come with the SLP headers? If not, then the SLP 1 3/4" headers and high flow cat combo would be the next sensible upgrade, not another muffler. These will increase the flow potential, sonic quality, and increase power instaed of hurt it. I just wouldn't want to see anyone spend good money and be disappointed.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Resident

IMO leave the stock dual dual slp muffler on your car. its all stainless and has great sound. with lts and ory it has a sound of it own. hoestly i would not ditch the slp installed exhaust. unless your refering to the standard stock muffler that some SS cars came with, then i would ditch that. (check your SLP options to make sure you know which your car has)
Old 04-05-2009, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

ok.. my misunderstanding.
Don't all the SLP cars come with the SLP headers? If not, then the SLP 1 3/4" headers and high flow cat combo would be the next sensible upgrade, not another muffler. These will increase the flow potential, sonic quality, and increase power instead of hurt it. I just wouldn't want to see anyone spend good money and be disappointed.
No, they came with the same factory manifolds. I do agree that the OP should add LTs and a O/R Y before buying a CB or replacement muffler.

If I had a dual/dual muffler I'd keep it.

OP if you want to sell your Dual/Dual let me know. I'd even trade you my Aerochamber for it

Originally Posted by andrew69_04
IMO leave the stock dual dual slp muffler on your car. its all stainless and has great sound. with lts and ory it has a sound of it own. honestly i would not ditch the slp installed exhaust. unless your referring to the standard stock muffler that some SS cars came with, then i would ditch that. (check your SLP options to make sure you know which your car has)
+1 unless you want to sell or trade me OP lol
Old 04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
No, they came with the same factory manifolds. I do agree that the OP should add LTs and a O/R Y before buying a CB or replacement muffler.
hahaha I was told that the SLP cars had the entire SLP exhaust installed from the headers back. I almost kicked my best friend's *** because I thought that he had pulled the headers before selling me the car. I'm awful glad I didn't now.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

hahaha I was told that the SLP cars had the entire SLP exhaust installed from the headers back. I almost kicked my best friend's *** because I thought that he had pulled the headers before selling me the car. I'm awful glad I didn't now.
It's all good