Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about stock exhaust hangers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about stock exhaust hangers

Hey all,

I currently have an '01 Z28 (M6) with jet-hot LTs and a custom true-duals setup, and I'm looking to go back to a Y pipe setup (TSP catted Y, magnaflow catback) while keeping the LTs on there. My current problem is that I got rid of all the stock hangers when I removed the stock exhaust.

My first question: I know that there are two hangers that attach to the tailpipes, and I believe there is another that attaches to the Y pipe, correct? I've been trying to find this hanger used (in the parts wanted forum) but had no luck, so I wanted to search gmaprtsdirect.com. I looked up the part number in the general maintenance forum, and it is listed as 10284835 (for a manual transmission), but that number is not found in gmpartsdirect.com. Is this the correct number, or is there another one?

My second question: Apart from this y-pipe hanger and the two exhaust pipe hangers, are there any other hangers that I am forgetting?

Thanks for any help!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone out there know the answer to any of these questions???

Quick Reply: question about stock exhaust hangers