Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need quick help with dmh cutout

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need quick help with dmh cutout

i just wired up my electric cutout (wired it to the cigarette lighter) and i hooked the cutout up to test it and make sure it works.... i can tell its getting power to it because i hear the cutout motor but the blade doesnt move....the motor tries to turn for just a second then quits.. did dmh send me a defective product or what??
Old 04-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Launching!

i need some help asap on this if anybody has any ideas....

but i just tried it again and when i push the switch i can hear the motor and see the blade twitch a little like its trying to open but its like something is holding it back from opening.... is there any adjustments u have to do on it before using it or any screws u have to remove??
Old 04-12-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your sure you have it wire right. Dont know how cut outs work but when is motor is wire in the oposite it trys to turn the oposite way. It might just be trying to close instead of opening.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

I had the exact same problem. It turns out it was the flowtech cutout pipe, which has bad welds on the inside of it. This keeps the plate from opening, all I did was got a file and filed down all the welds on the inside of the pipe. This fixed the problem, I just wish they would have tested them in the pipe before sending them off.

Hope this helps
Old 04-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Launching!

as far as i know its wired right.... i spliced into the orange and black wires from the back of the cigarette lighter...

and its not the cutout pipe blocking it because its not bolted up to the pipe yet, its not welded up yet i just had the cutout inside the car with me testing it out.... when i push the switch back and forth i tries to open and close but just for a split second... like something is holding it back.... seems like its the gears or something...
Old 04-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Launching!

here i just took some pics of how i wired it up.... does this look right?
Attached Thumbnails need quick help with dmh cutout-phto0017.jpg   need quick help with dmh cutout-phto0018.jpg   need quick help with dmh cutout-phto0019.jpg