Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Got Some Pics of My Kooks, FM Merge and GMMG Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
I'm going to answer for him and say "yes" because I had a nearly identical setup to his - with cats. The cats were an important factor in quieting the rasp along with the FM merge and powerstick.
thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you have 3 mufflers??? You have the one power stick right after the Y and before the cut out, then you have 2 more after the cutout. Is it "that" loud??
Old 05-04-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SimRacer1
Why do you have 3 mufflers??? You have the one power stick right after the Y and before the cut out, then you have 2 more after the cutout. Is it "that" loud??
The bullet muffler after the Y is to cut down the rasp. The two under the gas tank is my GMMG c/b
Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good info! I have a GMMG cb and just put on a set of LT ARH's W/Catted y-pipe, and man it's loud and has alot of rasp? I was looking how to quiet the car down some and get rid of the rasp. I was looking at putting in the stainless works chambered muffler $154.00 but the powerstick you used is $54.00, i wonder how much of a difference between the two? Has anyone tried the stainless works in the GMMG i pipe? In addition, i saw on another thread that GMMG was making their i pipes with a chambered muffler in them? I've called GMMG several times and all i get is their voice mail an no reply??
Old 05-05-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dondb
Good info! I have a GMMG cb and just put on a set of LT ARH's W/Catted y-pipe, and man it's loud and has alot of rasp? I was looking how to quiet the car down some and get rid of the rasp. I was looking at putting in the stainless works chambered muffler $154.00 but the powerstick you used is $54.00, i wonder how much of a difference between the two? Has anyone tried the stainless works in the GMMG i pipe? In addition, i saw on another thread that GMMG was making their i pipes with a chambered muffler in them? I've called GMMG several times and all i get is their voice mail an no reply??
97camarozguy put a Stainless works chambered bullet muffler in his I pipe and he has GMMG too. Sounds just like mine
Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

I've been trying to email them with the same question and no response.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

You guys don't have the cats....i thought the rasp would go away with cats ...thats why i bought mine with cats, and it's still LOUD and rasp is bad between 2500 and up? If yours sounds the same as a car with stainless works, i might as well save the money and get the power stick!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

You guys don't have the cats....i thought the rasp would go away with cats ...thats why i bought mine with cats, and it's still LOUD and rasp is bad between 2500 and up? If yours sounds the same as a car with stainless works, i might as well save the money and get the power stick!
I'm hoping that with the cats and extra muffler in the I-pipe that it will only be better than without the cats.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

^^^
Trying to avoid as much restriction as possible to keep from robbing HP and at the same time get rid of the rasp. So if i we're to do it over, i would buy no cats and put in the muffler in the i-pipe.

Quick Reply: Finally Got Some Pics of My Kooks, FM Merge and GMMG Exhaust