Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edelbrock headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default edelbrock headers?

anybody seen or heard any good news about these? Especially the 1.75 x 1.875 stepped race ones. And what the hell is ti-tech? Seems their ceramic coated stuff is more expensive.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run them, killer header. Ti-tech coating is kinda like a ceramic paint, it holds up good but not great. The headers fit great, and their Y pipe is awesome for the price.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

got any pics? i had pacesetters on my last car and am really contemplating getting them again or getting these. For some reason i want the edelbrock stainless y-pipe though, maybe i'm crazy.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spy2520
got any pics? i had pacesetters on my last car and am really contemplating getting them again or getting these. For some reason i want the edelbrock stainless y-pipe though, maybe i'm crazy.
i dont have any pics currently, i know there was a couple threads on here with pics. Honestly pacesetter are good budget header, but their quality has nothing on these edelbrock headers. Edelbrock headers also come with new gaskets, header bolts, and 02 extensions. Not to mention the pacesetter y pipe is garbage compared to the edelbrock piece.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
I run them, killer header. Ti-tech coating is kinda like a ceramic paint, it holds up good but not great. The headers fit great, and their Y pipe is awesome for the price.
Agreed. I'm running them too, but with a td setup so i dont know about the y-pipe. The Ti-tech coating is good, but not totally rust proof.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Not to mention the pacesetter y pipe is garbage compared to the edelbrock piece.
Yeah i was gonna go with the tsp y-pipe this time around. And you cant beat the price, but ever since putting the pacesetters on i had wondered if i should have gotten better ones.

I like the look of the edelbrocks, only thing worries me at this point is the coating. I had pacesetters for close to 4 years and the bottoms got kinda "rust colored" but never got around to rusting, the top still looked almost new from inside the engine bay. And i live in the middle of the east coast so since this is my z28 was my daily driver it had to go through salt plenty of times.

I really do like the edelbrocks though. I'm hoping somebody can convince me to seal the deal lol.

I also wonder how low they hang with the HVMC and 3.5" y-pipe though. That might be whats holding me back.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JBIRD02
Agreed. I'm running them too, but with a td setup so i dont know about the y-pipe. The Ti-tech coating is good, but not totally rust proof.
Today is the last day i run the Y pipe setup, fabbing some duals up tonight. What do u run for duals, i have a pair of full size Dynomax ultraflos im trying to make room for right now.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spy2520
Yeah i was gonna go with the tsp y-pipe this time around. And you cant beat the price, but ever since putting the pacesetters on i had wondered if i should have gotten better ones.

I like the look of the edelbrocks, only thing worries me at this point is the coating. I had pacesetters for close to 4 years and the bottoms got kinda "rust colored" but never got around to rusting, the top still looked almost new from inside the engine bay. And i live in the middle of the east coast so since this is my z28 was my daily driver it had to go through salt plenty of times.

I really do like the edelbrocks though. I'm hoping somebody can convince me to seal the deal lol.

I also wonder how low they hang with the HVMC and 3.5" y-pipe though. That might be whats holding me back.
Honestly the Ti-tech coating wont hold up the greatest. If u dont mind doing alittle maintenance and keeping them clean and a hit with some paint every now and then u can keep them looking good. My coating actually got worse while being in storage for over a year then they did from being driven. The Y pipe doesn't hang very low actually, i had very good clearance, and can honestly say i have never scraped the y pipe on anything. I'm around 1.5-1.75" lower then stock as well..and the roads here are crap(upstate NY). The Y pipe necks down after the collectors to 3.25", and the merge is very good. There are a few downsides to consider when getting these. The coating isn't as good as true ceramic coating, the collectors are slip fit but should really be welded on for leak free performance, and the 02 bungs aren't welded on either so u will have to do that(i chose to to weld them on the y pipe). With that said, i would still buy these headers again in a heartbeat. If you choose to go pacesetters, i would still get the Pacesetter Y pipe, and have a better merge installed...probably something like the flowmaster merge. The TSP Y isnt that great either.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Today is the last day i run the Y pipe setup, fabbing some duals up tonight. What do u run for duals, i have a pair of full size Dynomax ultraflos im trying to make room for right now.
Its in my sig below. The kit is part # 15933 and I'm running the 1-chambers. Has a killer sound to it!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

hmm, i'm kinda torn. I see the stainless ones arent that expensive compared to kooks or QTPs. I dont really know. The ti-tech is a real turn-off i guess. I'm gonna have to sit on this one for a while i guess.

I actually have a flowmaster merge in my backyard. Its welded to a 3" stock replacement y-pipe. I tried going that route last time i got headers and it apparently is just too much trouble for the welders i've talked to in this area.

Last edited by spy2520; 04-22-2009 at 05:48 PM.