Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished Jet Hot LTs, Catted Y, & Poly MM Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Y-pipe not banging. **** yeah man! Good job. The install can be a bitch at times, but now I'm betting you're glad you took the time to do it, aren't you? Like I said, good job. Now bring on the next mod!! LOL
thanks and yes now that I am done I am happy but it sucked doing it. Next mod is already in the works dropped the car off to get my sunoco hood fitting better and painted

Then I have to wait till more money comes in from the p/t job
Old 05-08-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Sweet
thanks and yes now that I am done I am happy but it sucked doing it. Next mod is already in the works dropped the car off to get my sunoco hood fitting better and painted

Then I have to wait till more money comes in from the p/t job
Sunoco Hood. Sweet. Which one? You should post some pictures of your progress.

Yeah aren't hobbies the greatest thing ever. Find something you like with endless amounts of options/directions you can take it and all it takes is $MONEY$ to get it accomplished. Gotta love it.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by IWGF
Sounds pretty good man. Not as loud or raspy as mine. I shoulda done poly mounts when I was doing it, but cash was tight. Seems like they're working out pretty well for you.
Thanks IWGF. What setup are you sporting to be louder than Loudmouth? I'd love to hear it, you oughta post a sound clip/video.

Doing Poly's while the exhaust is off is the best way to go, but I can completely understand staying within a buget when it comes to a project. A guy can't just go faster and faster, he's gotta have something to eat every now and again too. LOL
Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Sunoco Hood. Sweet. Which one? You should post some pictures of your progress.

Yeah aren't hobbies the greatest thing ever. Find something you like with endless amounts of options/directions you can take it and all it takes is $MONEY$ to get it accomplished. Gotta love it.
I will post before and after pics when im done. I am constantly doing something to either my car the camaro or the money pit my old man and i are doing. We are building a drag only 55 chevy
Old 05-08-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

I did a similar operation. I bought Jet-hot headers with an ORY, and Magnaflow. I also threw on a cutout, with poly motor mounts, poly tranny mount, and ngk tr55's with msd plugs. With the cutout open, the car is sooooo much louder!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks IWGF. What setup are you sporting to be louder than Loudmouth? I'd love to hear it, you oughta post a sound clip/video.

Doing Poly's while the exhaust is off is the best way to go, but I can completely understand staying within a buget when it comes to a project. A guy can't just go faster and faster, he's gotta have something to eat every now and again too. LOL
I am running Pacesetter long tubes with straight pipes all the way back. No cats or mufflers. So would you even consider it an exhaust? lol. I will try to post up a sound clip tomorrow if I get the opportunity. I have one, but it's not very good, the camera is too close to the car and it just distorts the sound pretty badly...
Old 05-09-2009, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02Sweet
I will post before and after pics when im done. I am constantly doing something to either my car the camaro or the money pit my old man and i are doing. We are building a drag only 55 chevy
I know what you're talking about when you say you're always doing something to one ride or another. Endless isn't it. Can't wait to see the pics. You should throw in a couple of the 55 as well.

Originally Posted by tripps
I did a similar operation. I bought Jet-hot headers with an ORY, and Magnaflow. I also threw on a cutout, with poly motor mounts, poly tranny mount, and ngk tr55's with msd plugs. With the cutout open, the car is sooooo much louder!!!
We installed that setup (minus the cutout) on a friends 98 Z28. I like it, but Dave's not sure if its loud enough. May have to add the cutout in the near future. By the way you talk, that should cure any volume trouble. LOL

You installed the poly tranny mount as well, huh. Any ill effects? Noise? Vibration?

Originally Posted by IWGF
I am running Pacesetter long tubes with straight pipes all the way back. No cats or mufflers. So would you even consider it an exhaust? lol. I will try to post up a sound clip tomorrow if I get the opportunity. I have one, but it's not very good, the camera is too close to the car and it just distorts the sound pretty badly...
LOL. Sure thats considered exhaust. I can definintely see how that would be louder than the LM Catback too. Can't wait to hear it.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gonna revive this one for an update.

I'm in the process of restoring the car you see in my signature as a result of an accident that took place in June of 2011. Today I removed my JET HOT Modular Y-pipe as I'm working toward getting ready to drop the Engine/Tranny/K-member from the car.

As you can read in the previous posts of this thread, I had installed the Y-pipe with the optional Catalytic Converters that were made available with this System. When I disassembled it today, during its removal, I found that both of the Cats no longer contain any trace of the Mesh Catalyst Material that they had when they were installed. Here are some pics.

My Firebird has had this installed for just over 2 years when the accident occured. Having added just over 4000 miles to the odometer during its time on my car.

I believe this particular Y-pipe is no longer being produced by JET HOT, nor is it available for purchase anywhere, but I still wanted to post up so that this information is available to anyone who currently has this Y on their car or to those who may be considering purchasing this system used. I'd steer clear if you're looking to have something that will last.

Last edited by Mumbles; 12-28-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Finished Jet Hot LTs, Catted Y, & Poly MM Install